Got Word On A New Hunting Spot.

Guest Nicholas

Guest Nicholas

I'm ecstatic I haven't been to the site yet but a piece of fossilized wood was brought to me. The story is a contractor friend of my fathers, actually a old friend he hadn't seen in ages, is having a road put in on a piece of his property near sea cliffs. Apparently he's been finding nothing but fossils, more fossil than rock! He was telling my father about it and luckily my father asked if I could have permission to get on the site. The answer SURE! Apparently he feels bad about all the fossils going to waste and wants someone to have a look, and I happen to be that someone now.

I'll take a picture of the piece he brought me and add it soon.

ok, look, get out there NOW, because i've heard it gets cold in Canada, even though it's like 80 degrees here and we're all wearing shorts and hawaiianian shirts. but look, um, one thing about your post was a bit of a concern. if you're bent over with a crowbar, prying out a megafossil, try to not have your back to the sea cliffs. i watched a whole lot of those road runner and wile e. coyote cartoons when i was a kid, and i've been leery of heights (and widths) and anything marked "Acme" ever since...

but go get some fossils.

Great news!

Goooooooooooooooo Nicholas, gooooooooooooooo!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I'm just waiting on some heavy machinery to be moved, next weekend looks promising.

Tell them they don't have to move anything, just leave the keys in the ignition :P

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

Guest Nicholas

Heres a sample piece. It was close to where the guy parked at the construction site so he threw it in the back...

Yes... it is blurry I took 30+ pics of it and that was the best one.. it really didn't want to be snapped. :P

post-163-1227999241_thumb.jpg

Yes... it is blurry I took 30+ pics of it and that was the best one.. it really didn't want to be snapped. :P

Doesn't your camera have a "macro" setting? Dig out the manual :)

Guest Nicholas
Doesn't your camera have a "macro" setting? Dig out the manual :)

It does, and some pictures take beautifully. But majority of plant fossils with lots of fine details it takes bad photos. I use the same camera for all my pics, some I can take one perfect picture... another fossil can take up to 30 and still not be good.

well, go AHEAD! whack that darn thing open!

whut? well, because there's probably a crab inside it? sheesh, don't ya'll pay attention to these threads at all?

...he's been finding nothing but fossils, more fossil than rock!

Might be a good idea to be prepared to rescue some serious fossils; I'll start polishing-up the drool bucket tonight!

Guest Nicholas
Might be a good idea to be prepared to rescue some serious fossils; I'll start polishing-up the drool bucket tonight!

Not getting my hopes up yet, I'm looking for identifiable pieces only, and maybe some generic fossil wood for donations, and trade. ;)