Taking The Opportunity

ebrocklds

well, i have been quite absent from the forum for a month or two due to getting married and moving into a new house. (new to me, not NEW, i can't afford that yet, or ever) i have been moving all of my fossils from my old house and the several garages and that it has been cluttering up for the last 10 years or so. i have been trying to organize and display them properly as that has always been my intent and dream to do. so littel at a time over the last several weeks i have been assembling what i call my fossil room. i am still building five new cabinets to house the draws that currently are taking over the entire floor of the room, which is actually the downstairs living room :D i love my wife!! so here are a few pictures.

Brock

post-37-1228965557_thumb.jpg

post-37-1228965574_thumb.jpg

post-37-1228965586_thumb.jpg

post-37-1228965598_thumb.jpg

post-37-1228965608_thumb.jpg

Guest solius symbiosus

Congrats Brock!!! On the marraige(I have a joke, but unfortunately, it is not appropriate). My family, absolutely, hates when I move. I think that I can hear them say "boxes of rocks". Glad that you accomplished the feat... without too much difficulty.

So. just what is in those boxes that have such a high index of reflectivity???

thanks solius. it has been alot of work but i am still not done. tomarrow i will move the fossil fish. i moved about 1500 lbs worth today and have about 300 lbs more to go. plus 5-6 draws and a bunch of boxes still around. not to mention the unprepped crates :rolleyes:

Brock

Guest Nicholas

Congrats Brock, here to you and your wife. :applause:

Now back to the fossils, you know you could probably buy a new house if you sold those right? Excellent collection, make you you call me if you decide to have a yard sale.

No more excuses post more! Preferably some of your collection!

Guest solius symbiosus

For starters, how about that big "bug" found down on the creek. Or, even better, what have you been working on latey???

wow. look at all those cool vertebrate fosMARRIAGE!!! YIPES!

ok, look, when you're doing those displays, lag bolt everything in place so that it's really difficult to remove from whatever location you put it. on mondays and thursdays, when the trash pickup comes, get up early and go check in the cans and make sure none of your stuff is in there. never mention that any of your stuff is worth money, because money can be used to buy "practical" stuff, like cribs, diapers, clothes etc.

man, i hope "pookie" isn't reading this...or i'm in deep doo doo.

Guest N.AL.hunter

Really, really nice collection. Why not just leave them on the floor and build a narrow viewing platform that run down the middle of the room! Just think of it. You could have your specimens up the walls and all over the floor. :)

...Why not just leave them on the floor and build a narrow viewing platform that run down the middle of the room!...

Great idea (but run it by the Mrs. first) :P

I offer my congratulations and my best wishes as the adventure continues!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Amigo Brock

Take my advice - glass the front of your display case. You don't want to overhandle this stuff just to dust it off. Save the handling for show and tell time. As soon as my ex moves out I'll be buying 6-8 glass display cabinets from IKEA. Only then can my collection be truly appreciated.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Hey Brock. Congrates man! Marriage can be a blast! But isnt the reason we people move is so we can get rid of half our stuff? I have a big truck and will be a nice enough guy to help you get rid of that half. Heh,,,heh,,,

RB

Congrats Brock. Getting a good wife is almost as important as getting good fossils!

Also Thanks for letting us catch a glimpse of your collection.

Guest bmorefossil

ahhh are they all over the floor i would watch out you dont want to damage any of your fossils, i hope you dont have a dog that likes to run everywhere or even if you do i hope that DOOR STAYS LOCKED!!!!!

ok, they are a bit delayed due to having to move the rest of my green river fish fossils but at last here they are.

solius the first three pics are as you requested.

http://picasaweb.google.com/ebrocklds/FossilCollection#

there are many more and i will post them here in the future.

and no i don't have a dog. or children.

Brock

I....uh....it....he....golly.

Is there anything that you don't have?

All that, and a loving wife, too; no fair!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Hey Brock I recognize some of that stuff!

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Guest Nicholas

Remarkable Brock, I knew you had quite the collection but... I had no idea to this extent!

That Bee is spectacular and my personal favorite on the page.

I'm curious what the items on pages: 267, 278, and 252

Congrats on the collection, and treat it well. :)

Congratulation for your new life and i wish you all the best for this stage!!! So tell me where did you organice the honeymoon trip? any world famous fossil location? just joking!! and the most important question how did you make to have all those fossil in the floor and your wife didnt go back home!!! my girlfriend probably will put all of them in the garbage as soon as i leave the house!!!

One more congrat!

Remarkable Brock, I knew you had quite the collection but... I had no idea to this extent!

That Bee is spectacular and my personal favorite on the page.

I'm curious what the items on pages: 267, 278, and 252

Congrats on the collection, and treat it well. :)

267 - Goniopholis sp. lower jaw. Jurassic Morrison Fm. Bone Cabin Quarry, Albany county, WY

278 - Leptomeryx. a deer like animal from the White River Fm. oligocene.

252 - Subhyracodon, Running Rhinocerus, Jaw oligocene White River Fm. S

Brock