Sharks Teeth York River Va

Seafordva

Hey guys, just wanted to say hello as I am new to the forum. Everything that I have read over the past few weeks has been very interesting and very informative.

My father-in-law, son, and myself have gotten the shark tooth bug over the past summer. We have spent most of our time on the York river hunting. We usually come across 5-10 teeth in 5 hours of looking/sifting in the Yorktown formation (along the Colonial Parkway) Is this somewhat normal to find these amounts? We all have a great time, especially the 10 year old and want that to continue.

Any comments or suggestions would be great! Thanks in advance.

David

Welcome to the Forum :)

River finds can be pretty variable from section to section and week to week, as moving-water sorting obeys many natural variables.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Thanks! Should have mentioned the twenty feet of riprap our wonder corp of engineers laid between the river and the bank! Been back to the same area a couple times since with very limited luck. Always wondered if the teeth are above or below the shell layer?