8 Cm Femur?

darkside8i8

Looks like rabbit

" We're all puppets, I'm just a puppet who can see the strings. "

Looks like rabbit

Ha! I was thinking that then thought ...wait...that's Australia. It must me some marsupial. But true...introduced bunnies galore Down Under.

I might be wrong... don't take my word for it, i wanna see a few more photos, different angles

Edited by edd

" We're all puppets, I'm just a puppet who can see the strings. "

Need more photos - is this a cast? It looks like a mold-line down the length of the shaft.

Doesn't look rabbit-like at all - lacks the huge flange on the proximal end.

Looks bird-like, but I'll reserve judgement until more pictures are forth-coming.

Edited by RichW9090

The plural of "anecdote" is not "evidence".

Rich that does look like a cast piece doesn't it? Seems to have some flash left on at the left end, too. Might not be but sure looks like it.

The trochanter is very odd; I can't tell from the picture whether it is possibly damaged, or if this is the natural state:

post-423-0-10501800-1381270320_thumb.jpg

I've marked what I mean with a fine red line (you'll have to enlarge the thumbnail to see it).

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

What's the story of this bone/cast, darkside8i8?

Edited by Ash

"Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe" - Saint Augustine

"Those who can not see past their own nose deserve our pity more than anything else."

Did he not tell you anything about them? Is it something he found, and a museum made a cast for him after he donated it? Where was it found?

Unfortunately i do not know much about this cast. I had a look at rabbit femurs and yes although similar it doesn't quite look the it same. If it does belong to a bird, i honestly would not know where to begin to identify it

darkside, you are fortunate to have in your city one of the best avian paleontologists in the world: Pat Rich, at Monash University. Get in touch with her, and she will be able to tell you what you'e got a cast of.

Rich