Howd The Fossil Hunt Go On The Sulphur River?

barefootgirl

Hey, how did the fossil hunt go on the Sulphur River? Did you guys find anything yesterday? I got picts of some of my fossils but I cant figure out how to post them. We took them with my dads Blackberry and he was going to email them to me so that I could post them but I cant figure out how so if some one could help me out with that Id appreciate it. Thanks! :D

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Guest solius symbiosus
I got picts of some of my fossils but I cant figure out how to post them... so if some one could help me out with that Id appreciate it. Thanks! :D

After you click "add reply", click the "choose file" button at the lower right. After choosing the pic that you want, click "upload". That will add them to the post. If you want to put them at a certain place within the post, click the drop down at the lower left of the screen, click the green + icon, and the pic will be added where ever the cursor is located.

The whole URL thing is messing me up. My dads friend said I could only post from another site nott straight off of my email a. When he gets back to Oklahoma city he is going to post them on my facebook page for me and maybe from there I can post them on here. Thanks for not making any comments about how techno inept I am. My brother got all the brains and I'm just a lowly country girl. ^_^

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

The whole URL thing is messing me up. My dads friend said I could only post from another site nott straight off of my email a. When he gets back to Oklahoma city he is going to post them on my facebook page for me and maybe from there I can post them on here. Thanks for not making any comments about how techno inept I am. My brother got all the brains and I'm just a lowly country girl. ^_^

If you are on a windows os you can e-mail the pics. from your phone to your computer. then save them to my documents or my pictures. From there they can be uploaded to the Forem .Good luck.

it isn't necessary to post your pictures from another site, and therefore using a "url" isn't required. it can be done that way, but it doesn't have to.

save the picture from your email to somewhere on your computer. it needs to be saved to a folder that you know the name of. you could drag the picture from your email to your "desktop", and then the picture will be in the folder called "desktop".

when you have the picture(s) on your computer and know where they are, you're set. you begin typing a post here. when you get the thing titled and a window open to type in, go below that window on the right and click "browse". then up at the top of the window is a box called "look in". Click the blue "down" marker next to that box on the right and the directory of folders on your computer will open up. you have to navigate to where your pictures are, and then find the picture you want to upload, and then click on it. then click "open", and you'll come back to this window, but now a path and filename is in the box below beside the "browse" button. Now click "upload" and the picture will be uploaded to the fossil forum. Now in the box above the "browse" button, where it says, "manage current attachments", there will be a number "1", meaning you've got a picture there. you can now go back and repeat the process with more pictures if you want. once you get them in the "manage current attachments" location, you're ready to put them in your post. Type information if you want, and then get the cursor positioned where you want the picture to be. Then go down and click the down arrow to the right of manage current attachments, and then click on the picture you want. A link to your picture on the forum will be automatically put in your post where the cursor was. you can now hit "enter" to go down and line and type some more if you want, or add another picture.

If you want to see how it looks to know if you did it right, scroll down and hit "preview post", and you'll have a display of how it will look shown above your "typing window".

good luck with your posting.

Downloading photos directly is preferable to using a link to off-site storage as it completely avoids broken links.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Picture test :

Like not having to put somewhere else then post here , did not know if site would allow uploads from Linux (most will not), but it does , yeah .

post-707-1229892711_thumb.jpg

Hunting fossils is fun , but discovering is better !

Downloading photos directly is preferable to using a link to off-site storage as it completely avoids broken links.

maybe, but it in no way prevents bent bobcats.

That's how I used to do it on my other computer. My Dad is on his way back to OK city now and should email me the photos this afternoon. I'm also going to take pictures with my standard 35 mm and have it put on a disk and down load it from there thanks guys. I cant wait to share my baculite that is crystallized with y'all.

Alfred North Whithead

maybe, but it in no way prevents bent bobcats.

Too true.

Similar to the myth that using garlic helps fight high cholesterol, science has disproved the notion that direct downloading of images allows one to avoid felids.