One of my best fossils yet!!

worthy 55

Wow I'm not even sure what that is. Do you have any pics of it after you picked it up?

that is sweet i would have a stroke if i found that, Where did you find it?

Yes, it got my heart pumping ok! It was found in the Santa Fe river some where. :-X ;)

It's my bone!!!

Thank's , I still get that feeling when I look at it myself too. :o :o :)

It's my bone!!!

It's the mandible from a young mastodon. Thank you too Lance. :) :)

It's my bone!!!

Guest Cris

I dream about that kind of stuff....... Not being funny, I really do............and wake up too early... Grrr... haha... maaaaaybe one day  :P Veeeery cool find..

Glad to show my collections ,I think people as in the public should see what we as collectors find. Thank you Cris! :) :) :)

It's my bone!!!

I keep coming back to this thread; that is just a wonderful find. I'd kill to come across something like that.

Thank you Emtilt :), happy to show this one off to everyone. For me this was a find of a life time, it ranks right up there with Big Bird !! :) :) :) :)

It's my bone!!!

• 1 year later...
It's a Mastodon mandible !

Holy Biscuits Batman, that thing is sweet!

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

WOW, that rates extremely high on the Sweet-o-meter of paleontological finds! Finding just one intact mastodon tooth is a huge goal for me, and you found a whole mandible! I am clearly not worthy of being included in this thread.

:)

WOW, that rates extremely high on the Sweet-o-meter of paleontological finds! Finding just one intact mastodon tooth is a huge goal for me, and you found a whole mandible! I am clearly not worthy of being included in this thread.

:)

Thanks ,just keep looking you will find one, one day. This is my next best fossil find. Dire wolf upper jaw fragment.

post-23-1226729626_thumb.jpg

post-23-1226729820_thumb.jpg

It's my bone!!!

Thanks ,just keep looking you will find one, one day. This is my next best fossil find. Dire wolf upper jaw fragment.

WOW that is nice, good find!!!!!!

Yes, very nice also, although I personally think that the mastodon jaw is better than the dire wolf piece, but I don't know really anything about the dire wolf (in terms of rarity of finds). Both pieces are super nice though, and the colors of the dire wolf teeth are especially aesthetically pleasing!