Help With Id Sheet Please

Bev

post-9628-0-88053700-1388698530_thumb.jpg

Hi All,

I have been asked to create an ID sheet for fossils that we actually find here in SE MN. I just want the basics. So I copied as much as I could from line art searches, ended up trying to draw a couple myself, and have double checked the spellings but I am now... well, wore out.

If you could just take a glance at this and see if I have any major errors, I would appreciate it.

Also, if anyone has any drawings they would like to donate, almost anything would be better than mine, I would appreciate that also.

And I'm also open to suggestions. My plan is to put this up with pictures and cross reference to my "What's This" category for lots of pictures. That way they have a sheet to go into the field with and can come back and reference pictures and then do more research on their own from that point. It would have really helped me to have something like this. And what I've found locally in the way of ID sheets don't fit the fossils that I am finding.

Thanks ahead of time!

Bev :)

The more I learn, I realize the less I know.

:wacko:

Go to my

Gallery for images of Fossil Jewelry, Sculpture & Crafts

Pinned Posts:

looks ok to me. Bev, I have pix of most of these, I will send them to you. Feel free you use them,

Edited by Herb

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

Great work! Too bad there's not a sheet like yours for every collecting site. It's clear enough for most of us, but a beginner might benefit from adding "stem sections" to the one label instead of just "crinoid singles".

Edited by BobWill

• 2 months later...

post-9628-0-44922300-1394477474_thumb.jpg

Here is the final of my ID sheet.

I accidently found out that most of the ID sheets I run across copy their images out of the book: Index Fossils of North America. How? Some of those images looked awefully familiar as I was paging through my copy. Did some checking and yup, copies. So that made coming up with an accurate ID sheet and good pics a lot easier!

Since this is Ordovician, it should be accurate for any Ordovician site in the world - of course, these are the most common fossils I am finding in this part of the Ordovician, but still...

I have it on my website as both a jpeg and a pdf: http://www.bluffcountryfossils.com/blog/bluffcountryfossils-ordovician-id-sheet/

Please feel free to copy, cut and paste as desired, for your Ordovician sites.

Bev :-D

The more I learn, I realize the less I know.

:wacko:

Go to my

Gallery for images of Fossil Jewelry, Sculpture & Crafts

Pinned Posts: