Micro Fossils From Arkona / Hungry Hollow On Canada

pleecan

Imaged with 16X Zeiss Jena PlanApo objective + Pentax K01. Scale 1 division = 10 microns.

post-2446-0-63876400-1388949604_thumb.jpg

Edited by pleecan

As usual you are "the man". Little jewels from Arkona..... Best of the New Year to you since we have not met up for a while .......

Really pretty pix :wub:

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

As usual you are "the man". Little jewels from Arkona..... Best of the New Year to you since we have not met up for a while .......

Thanks Malcom. Happy New Year to you!

Nice to hear from you again, Peter. All the best for the new year from me as well!

Happy New Year Roger!!! :D

A well-preserved ostracod is always a joy to find, no matter how small.

Context is critical.

Really nice picture! How many pictures did you stack to get your final picture? I know stacking brings the entire specimen into focus, increases detail and corrects any depth of field problems. But does it also enhance the color? I ask that because your colors are really intense. Or is this brought out by your lighting?

Marco Sr.

"Any day that you can fossil hunt is a great day."

My family fossil website     Some Of My Shark, Ray, Fish And Other Micros     My Extant Shark Jaw Collection

image.png.9a941d70fb26446297dbc9dae7bae7ed.png image.png.41c8380882dac648c6131b5bc1377249.png

Really nice picture! How many pictures did you stack to get your final picture? I know stacking brings the entire specimen into focus, increases detail and corrects any depth of field problems. But does it also enhance the color? I ask that because your colors are really intense. Or is this brought out by your lighting?

Marco Sr.

Thanks. Lighting does make a difference which can be post compensated... the images came from a home made cross polarized lighting that increase contrast also.... 30 frames sometimes 100 frames... all depends... I have a home made z axis translation stage capable of micron movements in the z axis...

Edited by pleecan

Wow, I wish I was handy and could make home made aides like that. The cross polarized lighting looks like it really makes a difference. With micron movements in the Z axis you could take a lot of frames and get incredible detail. How many frames will your stacking software let you stack? Looking at the file size of your photo it doesn't look like the frame stacking is really increasing your file size.

Marco Sr.

"Any day that you can fossil hunt is a great day."

My family fossil website     Some Of My Shark, Ray, Fish And Other Micros     My Extant Shark Jaw Collection

image.png.9a941d70fb26446297dbc9dae7bae7ed.png image.png.41c8380882dac648c6131b5bc1377249.png