Czech Expert Gathers Unique Fossils In Antarctica

Guest Nicholas

Guest Nicholas
James Ross Island, Antarctica/Brno, Jan 12 (CTK) - Czech paleontologist Radek Vodrazka has found an astounding number of unique fossils in the surroundings of the Czech scientific station in Antarctica in the past days, the station head Milos Bartak told CTK Monday.

The collection comprises fossil corals, shark teeth and extinct water reptiles' skeleton remains, Bartak said.

Find the article HERE!

I remember back in the early 1970's bumping into Zeke Slayton (one of the origional Astronauts) at a rock shop in Houston, Tx. He was showing the proprietor several rocks he had recently brought back from Anarctica while he was down their studying supply logistics to isolated places. Anyway one of the rocks was a beautiful fern fossil in a nodule similiar to a large Mazon Creek specimen. One of the other rocks I remember was a clear white fluorite mineral specimen.

JKFoam

The Eocene is my favorite

Guest bmorefossil
I remember back in the early 1970's bumping into Zeke Slayton (one of the origional Astronauts) at a rock shop in Houston, Tx. He was showing the proprietor several rocks he had recently brought back from Anarctica while he was down their studying supply logistics to isolated places. Anyway one of the rocks was a beautiful fern fossil in a nodule similiar to a large Mazon Creek specimen. One of the other rocks I remember was a clear white fluorite mineral specimen.

JKFoam

wow thats awsome, hey I got to meet Johnny U and shook his hand B) thats pretty cool that you saw the specimens he had.