It Was A Tully Of A Sunday

Rob Russell

Hey folks,

Yesterday another forum member and I hunted some "harder to reach" areas of pit 11. It was probably the most difficult hunt I've undertaken. Ever! My old bones are paying the price today. But I'm OK with that. :).

Anyway, I wasn't out of the canoe 5 minutes before I stumbled across this jewel. Its my first Tully to date. I looked eagerly for the other half. To no avail. Regardless, within ten feet of the open Tully if found an unopened nodule that has some serious potential for being, what may be, another Tully. Here are a few pictures.

Thanks for looking,

Rob

post-2411-0-46063200-1410218405_thumb.jpg

post-2411-0-70928200-1410218645_thumb.jpg

Finding my way through life; one fossil at a time.

very nice :wub:

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

Looking foward to seeing the other nodules open!

"Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe" - Saint Augustine

"Those who can not see past their own nose deserve our pity more than anything else."

It was quite a difficult and filthy hunt! Call us the 'Trailblazers'!

Two Tullys in two weeks, to bad it's the end of the season.....

I can't wait for next year!

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

Thanks guys for the comments! Definitely a fossil find I'll never forget. :)

Congratulations, Rob!

With all the time hunting that you put in, I'm glad you finally got a classic fossil out of the deal,.. and possibly 2 more!

Well done.

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

I can relate to the old bones comment, but I’m sure this find makes it all worthwhile. Congratulations and thanks for sharing! Keep us posted on the other nodules.

Edited by Rockaholic

Impressive.

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

Congrats, I wish I could come up there sometime and find one of those. It would be neat to add to my collection since my name is Tully.

Thank you ladies and gentlemen for your comments. :). It took me over 27'years of hunting fossils to put our state fossil in my collection. I finally gotter done. Lol.

Thank you ladies and gentlemen for your comments. :). It took me over 27'years of hunting fossils to put our state fossil in my collection. I finally gotter done. Lol.

Im glad i got to be there sir.

27years? Crazy Rob. I can't believe you never found one in that time.

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

Well, I just started hunting mazon in 2011. :)

With as much rain that has fallen here today there's no way you're keeping me off of those piles this weekend.

Well, I just started hunting mazon in 2011. :)

With as much rain that has fallen here today there's no way you're keeping me off of those piles this weekend.

When does it close for the season? I got to get out there again before it does....

Does pit 2 close for the season?

Hey Joey.

Pit 11 closes the 30th of September to fossil hunters. And pit 2 until the ground freezes, I guess. I'm sure I'll head out to the south unit this Saturday if you guys would like to join in.

Hey Joey.

Pit 11 closes the 30th of September to fossil hunters. And pit 2 until the ground freezes, I guess. I'm sure I'll head out to the south unit this Saturday if you guys would like to join in.

I'd like to but I have to work Saturday, let me know if you go in the next few weekends after I will definately join you!

Thanks