Air Abraider

PrehistoricFlorida

I need an air abraider, the type that can be used with baking soda for cleaning fossils. Anybody know where to get one??

You should get information on the Crystal Mark products. They have a range of machine to fit your price range. PaleoTool is a distributor of their products to the paleo profession. You might want to try paleotools.com. They may not have all the machine available. Prices for some machines start at about $500 and go up from there. Machines that most fossil preparators use are in the range of $2500. I do know of some individuals that use their low cost machines with pretty good results.

Another manufacturer is Comco. They have the best tips that can be used on any machine. Their machines are a bit pricey.

Another manufacture is SS White. I would not deal with them. When it comes to parts, good Luck

I own a Crystal Mark and am happy with it.

Crinus

i also would suggest the crystal mark swam blaster. it is very versatile and easy to use. also has interchangable tips and can run most media, including baking soda. i have two that are used almost constantly and have had very few problems over the last two years. the only problems are wear on the plastic hoses and powder in the wrong places. both repairs have been very very cheap to fix. price is around 2300 and Bill at Paleotools.com is the only vendor in the USA. the abraiders are not on his site but if you call him he will help you decide what you need. he is very helpful.

Brock

Guest solius symbiosus

If you won't be using the tool often, or on big projects, dental micro-etchers can sometimes be found on ebay relatively cheap.

Hey Articulatus, Ive used the ECO Blaster for many years now. Its really too small, but I also have a Comco 2000 thats too big for what I do, and im always too broke to buy a 'Middle of the road' one like the one that brock mentions, so I just plug along with my little eco blaster. AT the time the eco blasters were 200 bucks which made it quite affordable and as it turned out, much better than some of those very cheap plastic ones. Good luck

RB