Sign in to follow this  
jcbshark

Cookie Cutter Matrix For Trade

amour 25

So still have any more how about some Bison teeth , maybe some Vertebrae stuff?

Let me know, maybe a mid size box.

Jeff

jcbshark

So still have any more how about some Bison teeth , maybe some Vertebrae stuff?

Let me know, maybe a mid size box.

Jeff

I sent you a PM Jeff :)

amour 25

Well spent a little time on mine, and found some great shark teeth, them cookie cutters I saw twice , tuned to get my paint brush to pickup and heck gone again, but I will find them again. LOL

Really they do just kind of disappear if you turn your head away from them ,but by golly I will find them.

Nice stuff , I will go through mine at least 3 to 4 times before I use the matrix in my other hobby Modeling 1/6 scale.

Make a great base in the celluclay.

Thanks again, and enjoy.

Edited by Jeff L Nolan

UtahFossilHunter

What tools is absolutely needed to work with micro-matrix?

snolly50

I am using a vintage B&L zoomscope on the lowest power and a pair of needle-tipped tweezers to sort. If I am remembering correctly, Forum member digit reported spreading the material in a thin layer on a white paper plate. With good lighting and excellent visual acuity this would produce results. Other options would be a magnifying visor as an aide or a fixed desk magnifier. I sort into low profile, glass containers and store sorted material in small plastic ziplock bags. It's a lot of fun and you are guarantied a "discovery" every time you sit down to look at the matrix.

amour 25

And you will keep finding stuff over and over, white paper is a must as snolly said.

UtahFossilHunter

Would a 10X loupe work?

Edited by Utahfossilhunter

Auspex

Would a x10 loupe work?

I think that 10X is too much horsepower, and a one-eye loupe would be pretty tiring (not to mention the loss of stereo viewing).

Something allowing the use of both eyes, with a longer focal length, would be better, IMO.

sixgill pete

I put small amounts onto a white paper plate then look at it slowly and deliberately under a good desk lamp. Then anything I cannot tell for sure is a "keeper" but looks promising I look at it with a 40X LED lighted loupe or under my scope. It takes practice and time to search it thoroughly, but you can find some amazing stuff searching micro matrix's.

jcbshark

Well spent a little time on mine, and found some great shark teeth, them cookie cutters I saw twice , tuned to get my paint brush to pickup and heck gone again, but I will find them again. LOL

Really they do just kind of disappear if you turn your head away from them ,but by golly I will find them.

Nice stuff , I will go through mine at least 3 to 4 times before I use the matrix in my other hobby Modeling 1/6 scale.

Make a great base in the celluclay.

Thanks again, and enjoy.

Thanks Jeff, and again for the great pieces you sent me as well! :)

jcbshark

When I've searched it I use the paper plate and small paint brush method. The stuff I collect isn't as small as some other stuff I've seen. It everything that falls thru a 1/4 inch sifter but bigger than a window screen :)

PaleoWilliam

Do you have anymore matrix?

jcbshark

I have a little left at the moment

PaleoWilliam

I'll send you a pm.

mpford

Hey JCB - I would be interested in some of the matrix when you get more.

jcbshark

Hey JCB - I would be interested in some of the matrix when you get more.

I sent you a PM :)

Sign in to follow this