More Florida Creek Hunting

jcbshark

Chris (Search4) and I went out again to a local creek today and took my canoe so we could access some areas beyond what we have been walking to the last couple of hunts. It was another cold day in the water (58 this Am) but at least the sun was shining and as long as you were getting hit by it, it wasn't too bad. We got out there early this AM and dug one area pretty much all day. I'm really optimistic that if we do our time out there something special is going to pop out. Getting farther downstream definitely gave us more shark teeth than we've been getting where we were hunting but for some reason we have not even found a single fragolodon yet and we've certainly moved enough earth to see one by now. Even without any Megs I'm sure we're not done in this area yet! :)post-7921-0-31227800-1422753658_thumb.jpgChris in his little honey holepost-7921-0-19021600-1422753716_thumb.jpg and me in minepost-7921-0-41540800-1422753846_thumb.jpgChris with a couple of his nice finds in the feildpost-7921-0-11251500-1422753791_thumb.jpga nice shark vert and a couple other vertspost-7921-0-71321800-1422753935_thumb.jpgsome fossil ivory and a Holmesina osteodermpost-7921-0-10453300-1422753997_thumb.jpgI found two horse molarspost-7921-0-20029500-1422754038_thumb.jpgand a bunch of regular shark teethpost-7921-0-91424800-1422754090_thumb.jpgtwo turtle dermal denticlespost-7921-0-79828000-1422754133_thumb.jpga horse incisor, camel tooth and a monster gator toothpost-7921-0-11332600-1422754185_thumb.jpga bunch of tiger shark teeth todaypost-7921-0-00181800-1422754246_thumb.jpgand a few Hemis, real shame the tip is missing on that huge one I found. Would have been my biggest to datepost-7921-0-70840000-1422754334_thumb.jpgAnd lastly some Makos I got, the big lower was the highlight of my day! Thanks for looking and happy hunting!

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Man oh man oh man oh..... That Hemi!!!!! :fistbump: What is it, 2" wide???? Whoooooo hooooo! And check me out, holding the largest gator we've ever seen, and a pathologic Mako both in one hand. What an awesome day. Forget about 58F water, forget about your lower back lol. Can't wait to get out again. :drool:

post-4117-0-41329400-1422757187_thumb.jpg

post-4117-0-21023700-1422757207_thumb.jpg

post-4117-0-20058600-1422757224_thumb.jpg

post-4117-0-59013000-1422757244_thumb.jpg

post-4117-0-51552500-1422757270_thumb.jpg

Nice finds!

Thank you William! :)

Your pics turned out pretty good. Mine are too dark, I just couldn't get the camera and light to agree. Found loads of Bulls, a few Tigers (alright a lot of them), some hemis, and collection of makos. Found a deer tooth, a camel/ deer tooth, a small toe bone, a larger toe bone. Another toe bone that Jeff says might be near the horse hoof. A few incisors, maybe a sloth tooth frag, partial tapir, and a cusp from an unknown tooth. Also found a couple nice, but broken ray dermal plates and many fish verts. Oh yeah, and a partial juvenile mammoth tooth.

post-4117-0-30633200-1422757664_thumb.jpg

post-4117-0-08966600-1422757679_thumb.jpg

Don't hunt it out before next week!!!!!!!!!!!

TBH Mike, I've tried to hunt it out and it just doesn't happen lol. We hunt too many places for that to happen! We'll find some good stuff next week! :)

Man oh man oh man oh..... That Hemi!!!!! :fistbump: What is it, 2" wide???? Whoooooo hooooo! And check me out, holding the largest gator we've ever seen, and a pathologic Mako both in one hand. What an awesome day. Forget about 58F water, forget about your lower back lol. Can't wait to get out again. :drool:

Yeah, we had a good day out there! That Gator tooth must have come from a 15 footer and I must say I'm a little envious of that killer upper Mako you got but you earned it!

Yeah, we had a good day out there! That Gator tooth must have come from a 15 footer and I must say I'm a little envious of that killer upper Mako you got but you earned it!

All jokes aside. We keep doing what we did today, in few more weeks our backs will look like this....

post-4117-0-49622600-1422758566_thumb.jpg

All jokes aside. We keep doing what we did today, in few more weeks our backs will look like this....

No doubt, BEEFCAKE!!!!!!! lol, Good hunt today, I'm ready for the next one, You're right, we should've camped out there!

Great finds and a great trip report as always. I'm very jealous and can not wait to get down in April? The gator tooth is most impressive, congrats Chris!

Jay

Great finds and a great trip report as always. I'm very jealous and can not wait to get down in April? The gator tooth is most impressive, congrats Chris!

Jay

Thank you Jay ,April isn't too far off! :)

Hey Guys, what a haul again--fantastic! As mentioned yesterday, I still contend the single barnacle I found yesterday makes youall's stuff look whimpy! I could hardly carry it back to car...well maybe that's a slight exaggeration. But I like the dang little critter. LOL

Maybe someday I'll get out there again with you all. Horse tooth count has been adjusted...dang it again! No fair I was at a marine site again and no terrestrial stuff to be found and spent only 1/8th the time looking after work...I did find another small partial whale/porpoise ear though. YAY me!

Continued success out there! Bring the pontooned wheelbarrow next time!!

Regards, Chris

Great finds as usual!!!

Getting ready for some snow to hit later today :(

You guys are certainly doing a job on the creeks. Great finds!!

Thanks Al and Jim! :)

Hey Guys, what a haul again--fantastic! As mentioned yesterday, I still contend the single barnacle I found yesterday makes youall's stuff look whimpy! I could hardly carry it back to car...well maybe that's a slight exaggeration. But I like the dang little critter. LOL

Maybe someday I'll get out there again with you all. Horse tooth count has been adjusted...dang it again! No fair I was at a marine site again and no terrestrial stuff to be found and spent only 1/8th the time looking after work...I did find another small partial whale/porpoise ear though. YAY me!

Continued success out there! Bring the pontooned wheelbarrow next time!!

Regards, Chris

Thanks Chris, I like the wheelbarrow idea! :)

Such beautiful finds!! We found a small creek right behind our house that i went digging in for a few hours. No luck for me, even in the spots with gravel. Really looking forward to going on more day trips to other parts of florida so we can hopefully find some more! Keep up the great work!

Such beautiful finds!! We found a small creek right behind our house that i went digging in for a few hours. No luck for me, even in the spots with gravel. Really looking forward to going on more day trips to other parts of florida so we can hopefully find some more! Keep up the great work!

Thanks so much! : )

Dang nice finds, so no way other then get in the water then?

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, and there's a lot of ways to hunt here but in the winter the creeks are where it's at! :)