Looking For Coprolites

GeschWhat

I am looking for the following coprolites:

Ammonite coprolite (long and squiggly - looks like modern art)

Coprolite with partially digested ammonites

Shrimp burrow lined with elongated fecal pellets

Herbivore coprolites that have recognizable vegetable matter (I know some nice patties have been found in ND)

Double ichnos (coprolite that has been stepped in or bitten)

Anything unusual

Most of what I have to trade are other coprolites, but I do have a few nice slabs/pieces of petrified wood, turtle shell fragments, gar scales, unknown small vertebra, microfossils, septarian nodules, mineral specimens, etc., that I would be willing to part with for the right specimen(s).

Sadly I don’t have coprolites for trade.

But I’m curious about those Ammonite coprolites and the ones with partially digested ammonites, do You have any pictures of them?

Kevin

growing old is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Sadly I don’t have coprolites for trade.

But I’m curious about those Ammonite coprolites and the ones with partially digested ammonites, do You have any pictures of them?

Kevin

Sorry I don't have any pictures of ammonite coprolite. I was talking with a dealer from Germany at the Tucson gem show this year. He told me about the ammonite coprolites. He said they were really long, narrow and squiggly (like silly string). He had already sold those that he had.

I have a few pyritized specimens with ammonites that I suspect could be coprolites, but it is hard to know for sure...it could just be pyritized algae or muck. I'm assuming most creatures that fed on ammonites regurgitated them, but who knows? That's why I'm looking for more specimens (preferably phosphatic). Photo 1 Link will take you to a picture of one of the specimens I have in my collection.

• 3 weeks later...

I might have one for you, it's from Madagascar, I think it's a Turtle turd, would you be interested in it?

Gr,

Sander

• 4 weeks later...

Are those German "Ammonite" coprolites the squiggly ones from Solnhofen? I thought they were from something else.

I can propose you turtle coprolites from lower eocene of France and mosasaur coprolite from upper santonian of France

Those look interesting. Although, I think your mosasaur coprolite is actually more likely from a shark, ray or one of a few other fish with a spiral valve. Are you looking to trade for coprolites, other fossils or just to sell them?

Are those German "Ammonite" coprolites the squiggly ones from Solnhofen? I thought they were from something else.

So I am told. They think they are either from Ammonites or Squid. Although, there is no way to know for sure. What did you think they were from? I know at one time they thought they were worm burrows. The mystery is half the fun! I like to work with kids, so I try to collect as many different types of coprolites from as many different areas and time periods (except recent of course) as possible.

So I am told. They think they are either from Ammonites or Squid. Although, there is no way to know for sure. What did you think they were from? I know at one time they thought they were worm burrows. The mystery is half the fun! I like to work with kids, so I try to collect as many different types of coprolites from as many different areas and time periods (except recent of course) as possible.

I'll have a look when I get home, I might still have some if they survived the move from Germany to England

Those look interesting. Although, I think your mosasaur coprolite is actually more likely from a shark, ray or one of a few other fish with a spiral valve. Are you looking to trade for coprolites, other fossils or just to sell them?

I'm looking for ammonites, echinids, crabs or vertebrate

I think my mosasaur coprolite is not from a shark. In the outcrop, the shark are very rare but the mosasaur bones are very common and also the coprolites

Archived