Shark tooth !

worthy 55

Very nice! I need to check out the Suwannee sometime; I've never collected there. Just gotta figure out a good place to get to it from.

No , I just sit down and use a box viewfinder and do a little siffting too. 8) :) That just goes to show that ya do not have to dive to find cool stuff 8) 8) 8) Just get out there and look and have fun !! ;D ;D

It's my bone!!!

Guest Cris

woohooo, veeery nice... I need to find some good shallow spots in the Suwannee to check out someday.... I almost never hunt it, since I don't know anything about it.. Box viewfinder?

Yeah, what do you mean by "box viewfinder"? Like a clear plastic box that you partially submerge to give a better view of the bottom from above water?

Yes,it's just an old electrical box with the back cut out and a clear peice of plastic put where the lid goes. You can do the same thing with a small bucket too.overstreet816.jpg It works great for me. :) :) Now is the time to go to the Suwannee, the water is low and clear with lots of shallow shoals and it's great for the kids too!!!

It's my bone!!!

You have if your on the Santa Fe much! Next time stop and say hi if ya see me! 8) 8)

It's my bone!!!

We will have to meet up some day soon and do some hunting together.  ;D

HEY, I live on the boat ramp road! I would be happy to hunt with ya. :) I just sent ya an email. 8)

It's my bone!!!

Yep, I saw you there, too..... I had never seen one of those things being used until then. That boat ramp that I saw you at started it aaaall for me...... Years and years ago, I was messing around there and picked up an "arrowhead"... Then I found out my brother in law was interested in artifacts and he took me upriver from that boat ramp... Looking for artifacts that day, I found gator teeth, deer teeth, horse teeth, all kinds of bones, gar scales, echinoids....... Ever since then, I've been a fossil hunter  :P

I got so addicted that I swam all the way up that river to a good spot once... From that boat ramp all the way to where the park (River Rise) starts, then back down with what I found.. ;D

Man, Cris you do have it bad to swim all that way . Good for you though! 8) :)

It's my bone!!!

I'll let him tell you but it was the best fossil he's ever found and he lost it.  :'(

Well, I can't be sure of what it was...... but it was long... about as long as my middle finger... and the same thickness....... and I remember it having enamel  :- Well, hey.... Try swimming all the way back with your hand holding something in your pocket, and fins in the other hand (fins are BAD for long distances, I found out that day.) I lost it right under the bridge right there... aaaaaalmost aaaaall the way back..................and I lose it............ oh well.... I was young, for all I know it could have been nothing....

Cris, it was a young  sabortooth,s canine! :'( :'( ;)       

It's my bone!!!

It's still in the river between the bridge and ramp ! I'll find it ! ;D ;D ;D ;)

It's my bone!!!