Round Two Of After Work

AeroMike

Alright, It bugged me that I was not able to search a lot of area so I called up haizahnjager and he met up with me and my son. We headed over to the site and my son was off and running, looking for his fossils and doing god knows what a 10 year old does but Lord I would like to be a day-dreamer like a 10 year old is, lol I say that because hunting with Wade is an adventure all in itself. He brings his own sound effects and anything can be going through that boy's mind and I watch him thinking how blissful it is to be that young and have that imaginition, LOL

I digress, so back to our hunt. I will not bore you all with the usual broken angies and tons of hemi's so I'll show you the better of the finds.

First off at the house when we are laying out our finds, my son shows me this big inner ear bone of a whale. Funny how this looks like a human ear huh? (Wade thanks HZJ for this ;) )

DSC02710.jpg

Next is my largest whale tooth to date, too bad the tip was broken. It looked like someone found this one and tossed it aside as there were foot prints all over but whomever it was, they were not looking too hard, lol

DSC02702.jpg

Still learning my teeth so bare with me as I can not remember the name of this type but Wade sure was excited to find this one (...Daddy, I found this one over by that big hill" remember the sound effect? lol some huge battle going on over by the big hill in his mind :D )

DSC02707.jpg

A piece of turtle shell

DSC02713.jpg

I have to give credit of this horse tooth find to HZJ, thanks buddy wade added it to his other horse tooth.

DSC02712.jpg

I know this is hard to see but this tooth has one of the nicest green patina's

DSC02705.jpg

DSC02706.jpg

A piece of stingray barb

DSC02714.jpg

some more partial megs

DSC02708.jpg

DSC02709.jpg

My best for last, here is my first complete Benedeni, OK, now that I have done some more research, this tooth may be a thresher instead of a benedeni

DSC02704.jpg

To svillj, can't wait till you get here, this site is starting to show some life in a new spot

To SD, I'll holler at you tonight and hopefully you and mudkicker can come down for a day here soon.

To everyone else, have a great day and enjoy your hunting trips especially if they involve a child! B)

" This comment brought to you by the semi-famous AeroMike"

Cool finds. Its always nice when you can take the kiddo.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

That doesn`t look as a horse tooth; I think it could be a Giant Sloth tooth.Could you post more pics of it? It would be essentiall to see the abrasive surface of it...But I still think SLOTH! Good hunt!

That doesn`t look as a horse tooth; I think it could be a Giant Sloth tooth.Could you post more pics of it? It would be essentiall to see the abrasive surface of it...But I still think SLOTH! Good hunt!

I told you I don't know my fossils yet, lol

I will get more pics of it when I get home tonight and add them, but I remember the abrasive surface seemed more flat then my other horse tooth. Also there are no "squiggly lines" on the abrasive surface like my other tooth.

"If you love your freedom, thank a vet!"

If you love your joy, hug your kid.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I always have a good time when I go out with Aeromike and Wade. Finding fossils is just a bonus. Some good fossils from a great guy!

Until The Rains Come,

-HZJ

Nice finds.It's even better when you get to watch the kids imagination run wild while fossil hunting.

hey, man, just thought i'd mention that your tooth looks like it was from a very lazy, slow, three-toed horse, but what do i know? and i wouldn't bet on that horse to when, but i don't wanna nag you about it.

Okayyyyyyyyyyy, dude, you lost me on this one, what is this in reference to?

oh, darn, i hate when my freely-associative neurons wander two far astray for normals to follow. it was just sort of implicatious of the non-fact that skunks impersonating cats are analogastralagus to sloths impersonating horses. i think. really, though, you should ask auspex, because he's the only one who helps me understand me when i get confussed. he's kinda like a psysicologynoic midwife.

(dear impetuous yute who might peruse this pforum in between all that bad snarge you do online - pleese node the subtle defensive deflection technique unitilized crabsterfully above ("crabsterfully" is a sideways synonym for "masterfully", but it sounds sneakier and less arrogant and better describes my machinations). anyway, i was in a bit of tropul there, and i not only got out of it but managed to totally shift attention to an innocent bystander, who now has to sit there and decide what to do about it while i exit stage left. i learned this from watching how anole carolinensisizzes have a little wiggly piece of their tail break off and distract while they boogie.])

Okayyyyyyyyyyy, dude, you lost me on this one, what is this in reference to?

Click on the sentence; it's a link :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

Yea, I figured it out after Tracer replied back, lol

I'll tell ya this, I should be able to recognize the fossils I find rather soon with all this knowledge here. That is one reason I like this site :D

oh. yeah, that too...

<sigh>

p.s. - t.j. made me go to the beach with him today to look for stuff and he's insane and we froze and it's raining and there was no point in taking the ferry and and and...

Awesome finds bud !!! Can't wait to get down there again, I'm having digging and sifting withdrawals !!! I'll try to plan to get together with you, SD, HZJ, svillej, when svillej comes down from PA. Give me a call sometime Monday Mike and we will talk and make some plans dontcha know !!!

Thanks, Dave aka Mudkicker

The fossils are nice, but I can't believe nobody commented on the Far-out Cool Bright Orange Shag carpet.

For one species to mourn the death of another is a new thing under the sun.
-Aldo Leopold

The fossils are nice, but I can't believe nobody commented on the Far-out Cool Bright Orange Shag carpet.

LOL that is my orange hand towel. I have three of them each for my vehicles. To know me is to know that I like orange B)

Maybe this can help explain my "orange" craving.

My 05 4x4 Dodge Ram Hemi Daytona Edition #5128/10000 and my 06 Dodge Charger RT Hemi Daytona Edition #1257/4000, both are Go Mango (like a tangerene pearl) color.

PairofDaytonas800x600.jpg

Just the two coolest Mopars on the market! :drool:

Is that their garage in the background?