Round Three, This Time The Wifey Comes Out To Play

AeroMike

Well, I finally talked my wife into going out and joining my son and I last evening to look for teeth on at a land site and to my surprise, she did!!!! :o

She was doing very well and found a killer 1.5" vertabrae, makes my 1" vert look small, LOL :P

DSC02716.jpg

Speaking of vertabraes, my son found his tiniest complete one,

DSC02735.jpg

DSC02736.jpg

My wife found this really nice posterier meg tooth

DSC02727.jpg

DSC02728.jpg

Some mako's

DSC02731.jpg

DSC02732.jpg

Another meg piece, I am really hating seeing part of a meg exsposed only to reveal that half is missing! LOL <_<

DSC02723.jpg

Here is an odd piece. It is odd in the sense because of its color. Everything that has come out of this site has been black with a couple that are green,

As you can see, this piece has brown root with a blueish/gray enamel, almost like the teeth that comes from LaFarge Quarry

DSC02733.jpg

DSC02734.jpg

Another whale tooth, I really like finding these too!

DSC02724.jpg

This is my "what is it?" piece. I have posted this one on the fossil ID forum

DSC02717.jpg

DSC02720.jpg

DSC02719.jpg

DSC02721.jpg

DSC02722.jpg

Here is another tooth on the ID forum as well

DSC02725.jpg

DSC02726.jpg

Only thing better then going hunting with your child is going hunting with the whole family! B)

" This comment brought to you by the semi-famous AeroMike"

Great finds, isn't it a blessing to only have to drive 5 minutes from the house to find fossils!

-HZJ

Mike, every post gets better. The only this better than a big Angy is a posterior Meg. My compass will be pointng south soon.

Nice! I sure wish I could talk my wifey into joining me on a trip. She's much more into out 'live' animals.. LOL Oh well.. at least she lets me go..

~Mike

All your fossils are belong to us

Nice! I sure wish I could talk my wifey into joining me on a trip. She's much more into out 'live' animals.. LOL Oh well.. at least she lets me go..

~Mike

Mike, this was amazing because in order for me to get my wifey to go out and look, I need an overcast day (she was diagnosed with skin cancer two years ago) , no bug ativity, I belive Venus and Mars were lined up too and I had t opromise, I mean PROMISE that she would not see a single snake or alligator, "On my scouts honor, Babe you will not see a......." LOL

This was a land sight where she can stay dry. I think I have a better chance at becoming a Nun then for her to get in the water with me. :D but I will continue to try ^_^

LOL! That's funny!! Well, my wife was born and raised here in the Gainesville area but .. She has NO interest in anything 'outdoors'.. Loves her critters here at home and her computer. Being she's visually impared, I do not insist that she does anything she's not comfortable with.. but like I said, I say 'Honey.. can I go fossil... and she says 'Just don't be late and bring me a Snickers Bar'.. heheh

No complaints here..

~Mike

All your fossils are belong to us

...My compass will be pointng south soon.

Are you predicting some impending cataclysm? I've read that when the poles reverse, bad things can happen :o

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Are you predicting some impending cataclysm? I've read that when the poles reverse, bad things can happen :o

LOL! no, svillej is just going through withdrawls and counting the days when he is heading south to better weather and some hunting!!!!! B)