Tuesdays Trip To The Nsr Lots Of Bones

mommabetts

post-498-1237340953_thumb.jpgpost-498-1237340977_thumb.jpgpost-498-1237340999_thumb.jpgpost-498-1237341033_thumb.jpg Well the river is not giving up any teeth but it sure is bones. Snakekeeper and I went to a different location on the NSR today. We didn't stay as long today and didn't cover much of the river but there was one place that was giving up alot of bones. So here are my finds from today. There is one section of jaw bone that has a new tooth coming in, in the hole, I tried to show it but I don't know if you can see it. There is also a piece that looks like a hoof core, can someone look at it to see if that is what it is? Thanks.

More pictures.

Looks like you are doing a good job of filling up a box of mystery bones. My last NSR trip produced a small fraction of what you got. Hopefully you guys can get out again this weekend and find some more cool stuff.

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"

Wow, you guys loaded up on bones! That's mainly what I look for. I wanna go!

Curt

Yes Mommabetts was picking up bone with regularity while at first my legs had grasshoppers in them.It was only until I slowed down that I started finding stuff. Here is the Mosasaur material with possibly a couple of jaw fragments.

And the 2nd and 3rd pic is of some turtle material found in the same vicinity.post-417-1237390172_thumb.jpgpost-417-1237390200_thumb.jpgpost-1-1189965424_thumb.jpg

post-417-1237390255_thumb.jpg

More pictures.

Sweet! Nice finds...can you post some individual, larger pics (200K-300K) of some of your better pieces? I can barely sink my teeth into the 30K pics. :P

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

All of the bone came from one location on the river. We didn't have to go very far at all and all were surface finds.

Nice bones MB, is that part of a jaw in the second group of pictures on the top row?

" This comment brought to you by the semi-famous AeroMike"

Nice bones MB, is that part of a jaw in the second group of pictures on the top row?

Yes it is, I was trying to get the tooth to show up. There were 2 teeth that had broke off and crystalized in the bone, but the one where the hole is, is gone but has a smaller one in the hole like it was a baby tooth that was lost and another tooth was coming in. If you look close you can see it.

Yes it is, I was trying to get the tooth to show up. There were 2 teeth that had broke off and crystalized in the bone, but the one where the hole is, is gone but has a smaller one in the hole like it was a baby tooth that was lost and another tooth was coming in. If you look close you can see it.

That is really cool, two things I really want to have in my son's collection is a piece of a jaw bone with some teeth in it and a fossil deer antler.

thanks

" This comment brought to you by the semi-famous AeroMike"