Wanted - Rudist

Plax

I have wanted an example of a rudist for a long time. If any of you have one to spare I'd like to swap for it please. I have typical cretaceous and cenozoic fossils from eastern NC to offer.

Thanks

Edited by Plax

:P You know you're opening yourself to the rudist possible offers.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Does it need to be a complete specimen?

Searching for green in the dark grey.

Would like a textbook specimen if possible. Have been fascinated by them since my Golden Guide to Fossils in the early 60s. They are apparently common as rocks in some parts of Texas but getting a loose single may be hard to find. Would also like a specimen of Texagryphae and Ilmatogyra if possible.

Some material from the Cretaceous of Spain for your consideration (more detailed locality information available).

Longitudinally sectioned and polished specimen, showing internal structure:

post-2676-0-17584300-1438792511_thumb.jpg post-2676-0-10845700-1438792512_thumb.jpg

Two other specimens (both partials):

post-2676-0-95614400-1438792512_thumb.jpg post-2676-0-36765300-1438792513_thumb.jpg

Searching for green in the dark grey.

The textbook "ice cream cones" I've seen have come out of Mexico. Rockhounds used to take their RV's down to Baja back in the 70's and that was something they would bring back occasionally. I haven't seen one at a show since maybe the early 90's.

Would like a textbook specimen if possible. Have been fascinated by them since my Golden Guide to Fossils in the early 60s. They are apparently common as rocks in some parts of Texas but getting a loose single may be hard to find. Would also like a specimen of Texagryphae and Ilmatogyra if possible.

• 4 weeks later...