Your Opportunity To Be A Partner In Palaeontology! - Norian/rhaetian/hettangian Ammonites Needed For Study.

Dear all,

As of late I have been in discussion with a researcher from the Ammonoid Palaeobiology Lab at the University of Bath in England (https://aplbath.wordpress.com/projects/). The researcher is interested in using Ammonoids/Ammonites from the Norian through to Hettangian for conducting a study. He is specifically interested in using specimens from private collections to augment his research (which delights me, because I am all for amateur-academic collaboration!). I think this would be an excellent opportunity to demonstrate the usefulness of private collections.

I am going to donate some specimens for research, and it would be great if other collectors could assist me as I don't have many specimens. YOU DO NOT have to donate the specimens; you can lend them (depending on if they are suitable specimens). If you have any questions, or specimens you are interested in loaning or donating I would love to hear from you and we can discuss it further.

I should mention if costs (i.e. shipping) are an issue I assure you we can get around this without you being out of pocket.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best wishes,

Joe

Edited by Ammojoe
  • I found this Informative 1

Kind regards,

Joe

Best of success to this project, Joe. I hope you can facilitate a meaningful contribution to the research.

:fistbump:

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Sounds like an awesome opportunity. Good luck in your search for those!

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?

Hi Joe,

I only have ammonites from Whitby and mainly the common ones, however if you are interested I don't mind donating them, I have some still fully enclosed in matrix and some prepped, don't know if this is of help just let me know.

Regards

Mike

A friend of mine(from the Alps) is collecting mainly Hettangian ammonoids. He has access to the latest Norian Choristoceras beds, the transition beds with Psiloceras spelae tirolicum and upwards to the whole alpine Hettangian.

He is both, a collector and prof.

Pm me if your contact/researcher is interested. Then I will contact my friend or give you his mail address. Maybe he is interested too.

kind regards

Andreas

Edited by andreas

Thanks John and Utahfossilhunter. I am hoping for success! :)

Thanks Mike for the offer - unfortunately the Whitby Ammonites are too young to be of use for this particular research.

Thanks, Andreas, that would be splendid! I shall PM you now.

Kind regards,

Joe