Protect Your Hands With T-Rex Gloves

ZiggieCie

Found this interesting link in my E-mail and knew just who to share it with.

Many of us use sturdy gloves or should when out in the field to protect our hands, from sharp rocks, missed hammer blows, and chisel shrads. How about using T-Rex gloves? A bit expensive, but T-Rex on the back. Check them out.

http://www.magidglove.com/Magid-T-REX-TRX540-Impact-Gloves-Cut-Level-4-TRX540XS.aspx?gdftrk=gdfV26260_a_7c2811_a_7c10180_a_7cTRX540XS&gclid=CJKKuM_LqMcCFQiDaQodaaUDJQ :rain dance:

Thanks for the link, Ziggie!

I may have to give them a try.

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

I want a pair, I mean T Rex gloves who wouldn't.

Speaking from experience gloves are very very very important pieces of collecting and prepping gear

Regards

Mike

I imagined gloves with only two fingers...

:P

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I get my work gloves for a dollar at the dollar store. If I buy a pair of gloves for over $5 then I'll lose one. If I buy anther pair, I'll lose the same one and end up with two righties or two lefties.

I usually keep a light pair in the bottom of my day pack. Sometimes helps when scrambling around on the sharp rocks in the mountains...also in the badlands if steep slopes and grabbing on to wildrose branches, junipers, etc.

Neat set of gloves for the real hard overburden or when navigating badlands. My hand bruise easily. Downside: Look heavy and hot

I don't really know how useful T-Rex gloves would be. I think it would be hard to reach fossils with such short arms ;)

I imagined gloves with only two fingers...

:P

I don't really know how useful T-Rex gloves would be. I think it would be hard to reach fossils with such short arms ;)

:rofl:

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

I buy my gloves at harbor freight. These gloves are too expensive if you are cheap/frugal like me. I complained that my rock hammer was around $25.

I hate paying $25 for a pair of dockers pants on sale!

I buy my gloves at harbor freight. These gloves are too expensive if you are cheap/frugal like me. I complained that my rock hammer was around $25.

I hate paying $25 for a pair of dockers pants on sale!

My hiking pals and I get everything at Goodwill. This year I picked up a brand new collapsible Kayak new in the box, new backpack, Thermo rest, hiking boots, top notch external rain gear...total less than $50. ($40 USA). I like browsing these stores for the challenge as much as the savings. Never seen a rock hammer but do get other tools.

Yes but if they were Nanotyrannus gloves would be able to reach them. :hearty-laugh:

I do crevicing for gold in rivers and move a lot of rock. This equates to much wear on gloves. I can easily burn through two pair of gloves a day...easily! I have tried many different types and expense levels. So I usually just buy cheapies sense more expensive ones don't make it through the day any better. On a resent trip I stopped into Home Depot and purchased a 10 pack of these bright yellow (not sure of the name) gloves, very thin (for dexterity) and long finger pockets ( which I seem to have trouble finding). Anyway, they are incredibly strong. I could get three good days out of one pair without the fingers wearing through. The best part of the story is that they sell for $9.99 for a 10 pair pack. That's only a dollar a pair and they last sooooo much longer than any gloves I have gotten from a dollar store.

Dorensigbadges.JPG