My Jurassic Park - United States

Troodon

4 hours ago, hxmendoza said:

Beautiful collection Frank!

Can I trouble you to post clearer and closer shots of the three large wall riker mounts you have above your cabinet with the triceratops brow horn an other horns? Would like be to see those claws and such in better detail. 

Thanks

Close up of those claws are already in this post and in my other Jurassic park posts

6 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Close up of those claws are already in this post and in my other Jurassic park posts

Dou you have some displays to Europe material? :D

4 hours ago, Vieira said:

Dou you have some displays to Europe material? :D

Nothing more that what I show in my Jurassic Post

1 hour ago, StevenJDennis said:

Wow what a collection.  Amazing!  :drool:

Thanks Steven

9 hours ago, Troodon said:

Well the collection is 20 years in the making, however what you see in the photos is about 3 years old but I keep changing it all the time so it's always in flux.    The smaller cabinets I built over 3-5 year period before I moved into this building from my previous house in Delaware.

Are you having second thoughts about your move to Arizona? What is it, about 200 degrees there now! A lot cooler in Delaware. 

26 minutes ago, Dracorex_hogwartsia said:

Are you having second thoughts about your move to Arizona? What is it, about 200 degrees there now! A lot cooler in Delaware. 

It's a dry heat :D  however and we live in the foothills a bit cooler than the cities.

So Frank, did you install the sensor to play the Jurassic Park theme when someone enters your museum?

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

35 minutes ago, -Andy- said:

So Frank, did you install the sensor to play the Jurassic Park theme when someone enters your museum?

Best idea yet!

44 minutes ago, -Andy- said:

Not yet  :rofl:

14 hours ago, Troodon said:

Thanks

The purpose of my request was to be able to read the labels and see how you organized your claws, since I liked your wall setup. I don't need to go down memory lane with your previous posts. 

Sorry to bother you. 

Absolutely jaw dropping......that is my dream for what my dinosaur room will one day look like!

Is Mrs Troodon allowed in the cave of wonders?? ^_^

As an Ankylosaur fan  :ank: my eye was particularly drawn to that stunning collection of scutes. Sorry if I have missed them in your previous MJP posts but what dinosaur and formation are they from please?

43 minutes ago, Killclaw said:

Absolutely jaw dropping......that is my dream for what my dinosaur room will one day look like!

Is Mrs Troodon allowed in the cave of wonders?? ^_^

As an Ankylosaur fan  :ank: my eye was particularly drawn to that stunning collection of scutes. Sorry if I have missed them in your previous MJP posts but what dinosaur and formation are they from please?

Thanks. I'll let the wife in but under close supervision. :D  

All the material in that table is from the Hell Creek Formation, Garfield Co.  Montana .   The scutes are actually associated and believe they are from a Nodosaur like  Edmontonia or Denversaurus.  The tail club is from Ankylosaurus magniventris per Pete Larsen same area as Scutes.

• I found this Informative 2

On 01/07/2017 at 0:59 AM, Troodon said:

Thanks. I'll let the wife in but under close supervision. :D  

All the material in that table is from the Hell Creek Formation, Garfield Co.  Montana .   The scutes are actually associated and believe they are from a Nodosaur like  Edmontonia or Denversaurus.  The tail club is from Ankylosaurus magniventris per Pete Larsen same area as Scutes.

Thank you, the tail clubs must be so rare I'd imagine only very few have ever been found. :faint:

Those scutes are superbly preserved. Is there a way to differentiate easily the fossil scutes of the Nodosaurs from those of Ankylosaurus itself? I've seen preserved skeletons from Edmontonia so I can recognise that armour pattern but nothing comparable from Ankylosaurus.

41 minutes ago, Killclaw said:

Thank you, the tail clubs must be so rare I'd imagine only very few have ever been found. :faint:

Those scutes are superbly preserved. Is there a way to differentiate easily the fossil scutes of the Nodosaurs from those of Ankylosaurus itself? I've seen preserved skeletons from Edmontonia so I can recognise that armour pattern but nothing comparable from Ankylosaurus.

I'm no expert but Nodosaurs have more spikes on their scutes and Anky's just a center ridge.  

• I found this Informative 2

10 hours ago, Troodon said:

Non sono un esperto, ma Nodosaurs avere più picchi sui loro scudi e solo una cresta centro di Anky.  

Congratulations from Italy.
Beautiful material.
If you come to Italy I invite you to my house.
Hi Michele

• 2 months later...
8 minutes ago, The Speeding Carno said:

Quick Question: Do you have any Alamosaurus material?

No I don't. 

• 2 months later...

Longtime lurker of this forum.

Saying your collection is mindblowing would be reductive, very beautiful specimens!

I have a note however, are you sure the 'Agujaceratops' skull is really from the Aguja? The seller gave you the locality data? Because I'm 100% confident that the skull pertain to a centrosaurine (naso-premaxillary septum, tickened narial bar, shortened postorbital horncores, etc), and a very derived one. This would be the first record of such animal south of Montana.

On other hands, the predentary seems to be some sort of chasmosaurine, since it lack the distinctive tomial margin of centrosaurines, so maybe is Agujaceratops after all

• I found this Informative 1

34 minutes ago, Panzer said:

Longtime lurker of this forum.

Saying your collection is mindblowing would be reductive, very beautiful specimens!

I have a note however, are you sure the 'Agujaceratops' skull is really from the Aguja? The seller gave you the locality data? Because I'm 100% confident that the skull pertain to a centrosaurine (naso-premaxillary septum, tickened narial bar, shortened postorbital horncores, etc), and a very derived one. This would be the first record of such animal south of Montana.

On other hands, the predentary seems to be some sort of chasmosaurine, since it lack the distinctive tomial margin of centrosaurines, so maybe is Agujaceratops after all

To the best of my knowledge that it was it is and was acquired with the knowledge that it the furthest south of such animal.  I'm not a Ceratopsian expert and very open to anyones thought s on it.  Locality is pretty firm.

41 minutes ago, Troodon said:

To the best of my knowledge that it was it is and was acquired with the knowledge that it the furthest south of such animal.  I'm not a Ceratopsian expert and very open to anyones thought s on it.  Locality is pretty firm.

Thanks for the info, if so that's extremely interesting. I've worked on ceratopsians for a number of years, based on what is preserved I would say it's some kind of non-pachyrhinosaurin eucentrosaurans (i.e. akin to Centrosaurus, Styracosaurus or Spinops), but withouth a frill is impossible to be more precise. Coming from Texas, where no centrosaurine are actually known, it's very likely that belong to a new taxon (I've read here that you know David Evans from the ROM, I'm sure he'll be interested!)

BTW, great specimens, thanks for sharing them :)

Edited by Panzer
  • I found this Informative 3

• 4 weeks later...