Not Lee Creek But Still Ok

iamsharky

Went hunting and although it was not at Lee Creek, still had a good time. The largest meg is 4.25 inches and the largest mako is 3 inches. There was a real nice benedini and a straight benedini right next to it in the picture.

post-1109-1239841308_thumb.jpg

Miocene/Eocene

That's a nice haul. It makes me wish I could throw on a suit and get under water. Is that a single day's finds?

That's a nice haul. It makes me wish I could throw on a suit and get under water. Is that a single day's finds?

yes i used 3 tanks

Miocene/Eocene

DEFINITELY still ok! i would kill to find just one of those beauties.. :)

um, son, no more of those questionable video games for you. if you want to give semi-radical, hyperbolic expressions of how bad you want to find stuff, just say something more accurate like, "i'd get up almost as early as my dad and make him spend huge amounts of effort and money on yet another indulgence of my royal teenness with no amount of suffering on his part spared just so he could watch me find cool stuff while he tries to keep from passing out from lack of rest, fluids, and financial resources." then everyone will know how badly you want to find cool shark teeth.

It is tons of fun but I feel like I ran a marathon now. It is more tiring than work but worth it. I guess breathing all of that compressed air. What doesn't kill you will make you stronger though.

Miocene/Eocene

yeah, it probably is quite a work out. just let me know if you ever have issues storing all those teeth..

p.s. - instead of the "forum jester", i think tracer should be the "forum bully of tj just because tj likes shark teeth."

yeah, it probably is quite a work out. just let me know if you ever have issues storing all those teeth..

p.s. - instead of the "forum jester", i think tracer should be the "forum bully of tj just because tj likes shark teeth."

hey, you have a future as a spinmeister inside the beltway. double major in poli sci and journalism.

WOW!!!!!! Thats a really nice haul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B)B)B):D

post-23-1239844885.jpg

It's my bone!!!

It is tons of fun but I feel like I ran a marathon now. It is more tiring than work but worth it. I guess breathing all of that compressed air. What doesn't kill you will make you stronger though.

Are you using Nitrox? When I first switched to mixed gas it made a world of difference. Still had energy at the end of the day. Straight air used to leave me feeling very tired and lethargic. 3 tanks does sound like a lot of work. Most would be tired from just carrying the tanks from the car to the water/boat.

Forgot to mention that they are fabulous finds. Can't say for sure what I would do to find teeth like that.

Pentax Optio W60

Are you using Nitrox? When I first switched to mixed gas it made a world of difference. Still had energy at the end of the day. Straight air used to leave me feeling very tired and lethargic. 3 tanks does sound like a lot of work. Most would be tired from just carrying the tanks from the car to the water/boat.

Forgot to mention that they are fabulous finds. Can't say for sure what I would do to find teeth like that.

Thanks. I am nitrox certified and am thinking about mixing my own but am also concerned about the xplosion factor. Does anyone have any recommendations on a cheap but safe blender???

Miocene/Eocene

Thanks. I am nitrox certified and am thinking about mixing my own but am also concerned about the xplosion factor. Does anyone have any recommendations on a cheap but safe blender???

i have no idea what you're talking about, but if anyone suggests triacetone triperoxide, then run, don't walk the other way...

and remember, it's better to be collectively exhausted than resting all over the place in little pieces. i personally have little tolerance for psi run amok.

i have no idea what you're talking about, but if anyone suggests triacetone triperoxide, then run, don't walk the other way...

and remember, it's better to be collectively exhausted than resting all over the place in little pieces. i personally have little tolerance for psi run amok.

ha, ha

Miocene/Eocene

Went hunting and although it was not at Lee Creek, still had a good time. The largest meg is 4.25 inches and the largest mako is 3 inches. There was a real nice benedini and a straight benedini right next to it in the picture.

I get that it's a godawful amount of work and all, but the results are....extremely impressive!

The big Beni is just sick, BTW!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Awesome finds, especially the huge Beni and Mako! :thumbsup: Luck is on your side, hope you pull up a 7 incher on your next dive!

Well, I can see me getting my rear into gear and getting certified. I live in Charleston and believe it to actually be a crime to collect sharks teeth and NOT dive, LOL

Nice haul, And your one day is soooooooo more impressive then my 8 months! LOL

Now, off to check out dive schools............................

" This comment brought to you by the semi-famous AeroMike"

Thanks all! It is a passion and addiction. I will try to post more pics soon!

Miocene/Eocene

WOW ! If I get my contract at work extended another year, I am SO going to diving school ! Nice haul !

Those are so sweet. Congrats!

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

They are very nice and worthy of any collection.Do you have any closeup pictures of the serrations on the Megs?

They are very nice and worthy of any collection.Do you have any closeup pictures of the serrations on the Megs?

I do not have any closeups at this time. The serrations are fair

Miocene/Eocene

You need to start digging and not just picking up the teeth off the top, get some real high quality teeth!! Did you have any viz?

you are right, i will get back to do some digging soon! The viz was horrible, 6-9 inches maybe.

Miocene/Eocene