Hesperosaurus (stegosaurus)

ebrocklds

here are a few pictures of my latest project. i just finished it up. it is a basal stegosaur called Hesperosaurus mjiosi, from the Jurassic morrison formation, big horn basin wyoming.

it is a real bone mount about 75-80% complete.

just thought that you would all like to see it.

Brock

post-37-1240284798_thumb.jpg

post-37-1240285091_thumb.jpg

post-37-1240285111_thumb.jpg

That is the most realistically animate pose I have ever seen, anywhere! It just changed what I thought I understood about stegosaurs. Noone who sees that displayed will remain unaffected. You are an artist!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Im getting the feeling that im hangin with the big boys!!! That really is incredible. A question though. Did you find this skeliton?

RB

I think that looks fabulous! You the man!

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Im getting the feeling that im hangin with the big boys!!! That really is incredible. A question though. Did you find this skeliton?

RB

I agree big boys man im just happy youall let me hang here. Im at a lost for words whats the rest of the story who found it when how long did it take to complete a project like that.

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

Thanks all,

i did not actually help excavate this one but i have worked the quarry several summers. to prepare, restore and mount it took about 3 1/2 months.

the next project is a new big museum that is going up here in Utah. i will be making more than a dozen skeletons for them. i will post pictures periodically.

Brock