Oklahoma Ammos

lcordova

Having a couple days off, and with my wife´s permit... but more importantly with the assistance of a good friend who gave me some good guidance on where to go and is teaching me how to "read the geological maps".... I left Houston and drove north 1 hr past the OK / TX border to scout some creeks that seemed createceous.

Some creeks had slim pickings, but one of those creeks was generous enough for me to take home some Ammos, which for an Ammonite lover like me is heaven on earth. I left plenty of those there to share the wealth for the next visitor.

Its Weird, I´ve never gone to Texoma to collect and having read here too many stories about Texoma that should be the next trip sometime in late February.

If someone has recommendations to which places near Texoma are not top secret but worth a visit, feel free to PM me.... Yeah I know, wishful thinking...:)

Hope you like the ammos.

post-15821-0-27084800-1453274497_thumb.jpg

post-15821-0-20920100-1453274505_thumb.jpg

post-15821-0-06732500-1453274511_thumb.jpg

post-15821-0-96295300-1453274518_thumb.jpg

Very nice!!! We are hitting Austin this weekend!!! But the second week of Feburary we are heading to some spots in Dallas/Fort Worth area. I have about 15 locations to check out.

Again very nice!!! I love the cleanup part as well. It would be great to see your work cleaned up. Show us when you can.

Nice ammos,

I wonder if the center of the smaller ones can be prepped out :) they look promising.

growing old is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Thanks Roger.... for an amateur like me, being able to have a day like this is pretty cool.

Kevin,

I will work the center of the little ammos, next week. The Houston Gem and Mineral Society opens the "shop" (where they have the tools to prep) only Wednesdays and Weekends... For me its impossible to go on weekends because of my business, so the only day I can go its wendesday, I´ll be there next week... and will post the pictures.

Beautiful discoveries. I've been to Texoma before and for me it wasn't very productive for whole ammonites. You might have better luck.

"Welcome...To Jurassic Park!" -Richard Attenborough