Some shell and maybe something else too?

Victoria M

Hi,

I have this rock I found with what seems to me to be several different fossils.

I have numbered them in red.

One and two seem to be shell, but not sure if 3 and 4 is anything.

If someone could give me a tip on weather or not it would be a good idea to try to see if I can get some rock off with vinegar. I think number 3 looks especially interesting.

Cant wait to hear some opinions :)

post-20354-0-74662800-1454267098_thumb.jpg

If this is rare in your area, just keep it the way it is. If this is a common rock type, then try to uncover more with dilute vinegar (assuming it is limestone) or a dental pick.

This thread has links to several field guides to the geology and paleontology of the Oslo area. You may be able to get some information on the age and geological formation of the rocks you have been collecting. This information will be very helpful at arriving at an ID for your specimens.

Don

This thread has links to several field guides to the geology and paleontology of the Oslo area. You may be able to get some information on the age and geological formation of the rocks you have been collecting. This information will be very helpful at arriving at an ID for your specimens.

Don

Thanks, I've been looking through the guides seems it's cambrian-silurian sediments where my finds are from.