Thoughts on this crab con

DLB

yeah, that looks like an easy call, but what do you do with that much rock? That's one heck of a lot of rock. Just the rock itself is going to cost you many many many hours of boring work. Its going to ruin all your machines and tools and also will be hard on your back and your neck and you will need medical attention. But rest easy. RB to the rescue. I don't want to, but I will be selfless and take that off your hands and save you from all this trouble! Ha!!! Nice looking conc though.

RB

yeah, that looks like an easy call, but what do you do with that much rock? That's one heck of a lot of rock. Just the rock itself is going to cost you many many many hours of boring work. Its going to ruin all your machines and tools and also will be hard on your back and your neck and you will need medical attention. But rest easy. RB to the rescue. I don't want to, but I will be selfless and take that off your hands and save you from all this trouble! Ha!!! Nice looking conc though.

RB

Lol that's a good one RJB what's the biggest Pulalius crab have u found ? I've seen one at the Burke Museum that had a 4"shell and 5"claws huge I tell you! but I've never got one even close to that size. Edited by DLB

I'm afraid RB is already susceptible to all the foibles he mentions. You should just send it to me. That will prevent pain and injury in not one, but two forum members. Meanwhile try the old CT scan to see which side is top.

RB

And send it back when prepped Ron? :P

So if you look at the pic it has a front that is not as pointy as the back and when looking at the side of it the top will be the one with less matrix if you were to draw a centerline on the concretion. This is how you can tell the orientation when looking at a good con. The rounder the con the harder to orient it thus the not easy ones I hope this helps explain how to tell

• I found this Informative 2

It might be a while before I start on that big one but the smaller one with the sharpie on it will get all the attention first.