Megalodon tooth

Hello

A few days ago I asked about a Carcharodontosaurus-tooth, and I was really excited to hear it was real. Someone was kind enough to suggest running considered purchases through this forum first. So before I throw money after a megalodon-tooth, I'd like to have an input from someone who knows 'slightly' more about this than I do.

Seeing as how common megalodon fossils seem to be, I don't anticipate it to be fake. But then again, the only thing I can really say about it is - that it has no barcode printed on it, and it's definitely not made of plastic. It's heavier than I expected. Atleast a few hundred grams. It's 110 mm (4,3 inches). So I'll have to rely on more skilled eyes than my own.

Thanks in advance!

post-21399-0-50049500-1462657704_thumb.jpg

post-21399-0-27183200-1462657706_thumb.jpg

post-21399-0-85618400-1462657707_thumb.jpg

That is the real deal!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I bought it. The seller asked for 45 UK £ // 65 US$. :)

I realize that going on ebay I could've likely gotten something similar a bit cheaper than that.

You're already an expert ☺

Haha just wait until you see me do the fossil-equivalent to the museum-inspectors that made a huge fuzz over ancient coins found - which could be precisely dated because of the B.C. date-marking on them...... :-)

I bought it. The seller asked for 45 UK £ // 65 US$. :)

I realize that going on ebay I could've likely gotten something similar a bit cheaper than that.

Pretty good price in my opinion! I hope you enjoy your first megalodon tooth, it's a nice one.

I started put with a half megalodon tooth myself but escalated in more colors and different sizes.... you can't have to many Meg's.

I started put with a half megalodon tooth myself but escalated in more colors and different sizes.... you can't have to many Meg's.

I figure if I get enough of those, some sci-fi frankenstein engineering and a moat, I'll make one. That ought to keep out door-to-door salespeople.

Not a bad price at all!

For that price it would have been in my collection ;)