Anyone Have 84,000 I Could Borrow?

Shamalama

Seriously, that is a lot of money for a fossil. I'll bet you could get a Dino skeleton for the same or less.

Ebay Crinoid for sale

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

It's a gorgeous display piece, but I can't go along with the seller's explanation of the "piece of driftwood". I don't see the holdfasts, and doubt that a crinoid could have gotten this large growing on something that will get waterlogged and sink. I also niote that it is not identified as to Genus/species.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

The dealer also only has a feedback of 5 I would find it hard to spend that kind of money with someone with little or no FB

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

The dealer also only has a feedback of 5 I would find it hard to spend that kind of money with someone with little or no FB

And all of the feedback was for BUYING 4 $0.99 baseball cards and an $8 movie.

If you believe everything you read, perhaps it's time for you to stop reading...

This bunch works well together.

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

Good detective work, guys.... I thought I'd seen that very same fossil before.

Aren't there similar associations in the Waldron or Ohio shale of OH/KY with logs being found that have crinoids attached?

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

Anyone Have 84,000 I Could Borrow?, It could count as all my Birthdays and Christmas's combined!

Ebay Crinoid for sale

Make up your mind. First you want a loan then you say it is your birthday gift. I need to know if I still need to get you something for your birthday if I send you the money.

Here is his other one

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-Ammolite-Ammonite...%3A1%7C294%3A50

Think I would keep them

Here is his other one

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-Ammolite-Ammonite...%3A1%7C294%3A50

Think I would keep them

They are beautiful. I think he may be keeping them for awhile at least. I do not know a lot of people spending that kind of money on fossils now.

I think it is a manufactured piece possibly composite. Definitely not worth that cash.

I think it is a manufactured piece possibly composite. Definitely not worth that cash.

Why do you think that I do not know what to look for so maybe i can learn a little here

I have found that nothing on ebay amazes me any more, just like there is one born every minute that would pay that much for it.

Why do you think that I do not know what to look for so maybe i can learn a little here

That other piece that Anson found is of a similar size a and position it looks like it was replicated many times.. You can find this trend in fake trilobites you can find fakes which are identical to each other because they are made in the same way or mold.. or what ever method is used it not changed.

In the description of the ammonite fossil:

"...these fossils stimulate creativity, energy, wisdom, intellect and wealth as well as promoting the flow of "Qi" throughout the body, enhancing well-being".

Truth in advertising, if he's referring to selling them.

For what it's worth, I don't think they're fake (still a little iffy on the crinoid, though).

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

That other piece that Anson found is of a similar size a and position it looks like it was replicated many times.. You can find this trend in fake trilobites you can find fakes which are identical to each other because they are made in the same way or mold.. or what ever method is used it not changed.

Ok I was thinking fakes were carved but most are molded now I understand why so many thing on ebay look alike glad I do not buy from there. Thanks Nicholas

Just thought i would add some info to the discussion, the ammolite double you are seeing on the previous link is in my opinion real, i dont think the seller will get any interest though at the starting off price, he is asking too much for it. I have sold and bought many ammonites from ebay over the years and found the site a fantastic way to build up a collection from all over the world, because these days their are thousands of fossils for sale on the site you can get a bargain if you know what you are looking for. Dont buy from a sellers in china as a lot of the fossils they sell are fake, but even the real ones they sell they tend to rip you off with very expensive postal charges, but otherwise you can get great deals on the site, GO FOR IT I SAY!!!! carlo

Make up your mind. First you want a loan then you say it is your birthday gift. I need to know if I still need to get you something for your birthday if I send you the money.

Ummm.... both? :rolleyes:

Beautiful Ammolite but sheesh is that stuff expensive even when not from that seller. I think I'm happier when I find or trade for it rather than buy (except for rare pieces or from places I'll probably never visit).

-Dave