What's wrong with the Velociraptor of Jurassic Park?

The Amateur Paleontologist

One thing to consider is that most dinosaur species that have existed have probably never been discovered as fossils.

https://qz.com/430625/were-not-even-close-to-discovering-all-the-dinosaur-types-that-ever-existed/

In the fictional world of the books and movies, the creatures are re-created from blood samples, not excavated bones.  Given that, it is entirely possible, indeed probable, the creatures being cloned are from species undiscovered by paleontologists.  Saying the dinosaur is "wrong" because it is too big, shaped wrong etc is not necessarily correct- the species in the park could be "new" species unlike ones we are familiar with.

The Jurassic Park Velociraptors also had their intelligence greatly exaggerated. They may have been smart for reptiles ( excluding my Tidgy, of course) but were probably not as smart as a chicken. mmmm.

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

35 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

but were probably not as smart as a chicken

Or a crow.  My gosh, those birds are scary smart.  Have you seen some of the youtube footage people have taken of them?  

Everything is generated through your own will power ~ Ray Bradbury

50 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

The Jurassic Park Velociraptors also had their intelligence greatly exaggerated. They may have been smart for reptiles ( excluding my Tidgy, of course) but were probably not as smart as a chicken. mmmm.

They only had to be smarter than there food and quicker. :dinothumb: