Surprise dino track :)

CousinLarry

So I got a few tracks recently, and this big one was the star of the show. Measuring about 11" from heel to middle toe tip.

I had it home a couple days and just pulled it out to take some pics. That's when I saw it - there's another smaller print right on side of it!!!  I have no idea how I missed it. Only explanation is I was focusing on the awesome that was that big deep track - that I totally overlooked the little guy next to it.

Was it his baby? Was it just a smaller one that walked through sometime shortly after the big guy?  What a cool slab.

This is the Portland Formation in the CT River Valley. Track was pulled from a site near Holyoke MA.

In the last pic I used a damp rag to highlight the indents a bit.. The camera doesn't pick up depth too well!

q8YD1Y7.jpg

0Txkzb5.jpg

swSIFs7.jpg

Nice prints. 

Looks like a Eubrontes and Anomoepus.

The toe splay on the second, smaller print looks too wide for Grallator. 

Good find. 

Regards,

footprints.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

I'm still in awe over it. Thanks for the illustrations FossilDude,  I think you are correct!! Very very cool. Makes me daydream!

Edited by CousinLarry