Trilobites's Collection

Trilobites

My growing collection of fossils... 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My collection currently contains trilobites, brachiopods, fish fossils, fern fossils (a few from Mazon Creek), petrified wood, ammonites, crinoids, orthoceras, etc.

All fossils found in this collection I either bought or received from friends, as soon as I am able to start collecting my own fossils I will create a separate Collection Journal.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Edited by Trilobites

Diplomystus dentatus

Fossil Butte Member

Green River Formation

Eocene (50 M.Y.B.P.)

Lincoln County

Wyoming, USA

Purchased at The Black Hills Institute of Geological Research in South Dakota.

_DSC0002.JPG

Edited by Trilobites

10 minutes ago, Trilobites said:

Small trilobite I picked up in Hill City, South Dakota.

_DSC0003.JPG

I am not a Trilobite expert, but that should be a Elrathia kingii from the Cambrian Wheeler Shale of Utah.

• I found this Informative 1

8 minutes ago, Nimravis said:

I am not a Trilobite expert, but that should be a Elrathia kingii from the Cambrian Wheeler Shale of Utah.

Very cool!  I was hoping someone might know a little bit more about these than I do..  I'm far from an expert myself.

P.S. Here's one I found online..  I think you're probably right.

Elrathia_kingi_without_librigenes.jpg

Edited by Trilobites

A few tidbits of info for you. 

First, my OCD needs to point out that your Diplomystus is pictured upside/down.    Gah!  :blink:    :P   :)

The Moroccan trilobites I believe are Flexicalymene ouzregui - I don't think Diacalymene is a valid name for them.

The small gray trilobite is indeed an Elrathia kingii, probably from the Cambrian Wheeler Shale. 

Your first small fish is from the Cretaceous Santana Formation of Brazil.  It is a Dastilbe crandalli.

Your last fish is a Knightia eocaena , also from the Green River Formation, Wyoming.  The fins have been painted on. 

You have a nice little collection going. 

Regards, 

• I found this Informative 2

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Great collection ...

The Nautilus is very nice !

Many greetings from Germany ! Have a great time with many fossils :)

Regards Sebastian

Belo.gif

5 hours ago, Fossildude19 said:

A few tidbits of info for you. 

First, my OCD needs to point out that your Diplomystus is pictured upside/down.    Gah!  :blink:    :P   :)

The Moroccan trilobites I believe are Flexicalymene ouzregui - I don't think Diacalymene is a valid name for them.

The small gray trilobite is indeed an Elrathia kingii, probably from the Cambrian Wheeler Shale. 

Your first small fish is from the Cretaceous Santana Formation of Brazil.  It is a Dastilbe crandalli.

Your last fish is a Knightia eocaena , also from the Green River Formation, Wyoming.  The fins have been painted on. 

You have a nice little collection going. 

Regards, 

Whoops I never noticed I posted the Diplomystus was upside down..  Fixed it! :P 

Honestly I had no idea how to start identifying the fish specimens, and I did notice the fins of the Knightia eocaena always seemed out of place.  Thank you for the information, I really appreciate it. :D 

14 hours ago, Trilobites said:

Diacalymene ourzerqui   Flexicalymene ouzregui?

Ordovician

Kataoua Formation

Tazoulait, Morocco

Africa

_DSC0024.JPG

On 02/09/2016 at 9:25 PM, Trilobites said:

Ammonite

_DSC0044.JPG

Hi!Very nice collection :wub:!

IMO, this one is not an ammonite (Ammonoidea subclass_ammonitida order_fllower-shaped suture lines), but a nautiloid (Nautiloidea subclass), because the suture lines are much more simple.

Here it's a "little guide" explaining  the suture line differences between some cephalopod groups :

transferir (1).png

• I found this Informative 1