Gainesville rattlesnake creek micro matrix

Sir.tommy.the.toad

I have some rattlesnake creek micro matrix for trade( 1/4" and smaller). I am open to any trades of something I can't get here in Gainesville. I have a bunch about a gallon worth and some to dry still. The pics are from 1 cup worth. I quickly went through. I know I left some was getting tired and my kids helped. Sorry US only international cost to much. Also willing to trade for rocks and minerals, for my daughter she got a small set at school and looks threw them daily trying to ID them. lol

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

It's a shame it's only US shipping. because I live in the Netherlands and I saw some cool stuff, namely the sawfish rostrum.

Well, good luck selling trading anyways!

Greetings,

Max

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just saying, I'm still very much interested. But I understand that international shipping costs too much...

Quick question: what's this? (the weird tooth-looking thing)

matrix_Ink_LI.jpg

matrix colseup.jpeg

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

It appears to be the tip of a Hemiprisis serra shark tooth. Do some searches on this forum and you'll find images that should match.

Cheers.

-Ken

• I found this Informative 3

On 2 december 2016 at 6:46 PM, digit said:

It appears to be the tip of a Hemiprisis serra shark tooth. Do some searches on this forum and you'll find images that should match.

Cheers.

-Ken

Yep, you're correct! Thanks^_^

Max

Max Derème

I will say I traded for some of this matrix and I barely have gone through a few handfuls ... it is not an exaggeration to say that this stuff is choc-a-block full of micros. 

Thanks Again,

Brett

Here are examples of what I found in the few handfuls I poked through .... such a great abundance.

Gainsville_FL_RattlesnakeCreek_2016.jpg

Cheers,

Brett

On 12/8/2016 at 6:04 AM, Brett Breakin' Rocks said:

Here are examples of what I found in the few handfuls I poked through .... such a great abundance.

Gainsville_FL_RattlesnakeCreek_2016.jpg

Cheers,

Brett

Those are some really nice fossils you got there!!!

Thanks for sharing,

Max

• I found this Informative 1

Max Derème

18 hours ago, caldigger said:

What age is the material? Mostly Pleistocene or other ages mixed in?

Yeah that's all I have ever found in it.

• 5 weeks later...

Here is the second batch of micros from Sir Tommy's matrix that I finally got around to scanning.

Gainsville_FL_RattlesnakeCreek_2016_02.jpg

Thanks again,

Brett

Yup. That certainly looks like the diversity (and colors) of Rattlesnake Creek. I collected some a little over a year ago to search for some decent Nurse Shark (Ginglymostoma) teeth that seem to be in better shape in that creek than the tumbled teeth of this species that I rarely pull from Peace River micro-matrix. One of the other notable things about Rattlesnake Creek micro-matrix is the abundance of small bits of broken glass.

Cheers.

-Ken

On 1/16/2017 at 2:29 PM, digit said:

Yup. That certainly looks like the diversity (and colors) of Rattlesnake Creek. I collected some a little over a year ago to search for some decent Nurse Shark (Ginglymostoma) teeth that seem to be in better shape in that creek than the tumbled teeth of this species that I rarely pull from Peace River micro-matrix. One of the other notable things about Rattlesnake Creek micro-matrix is the abundance of small bits of broken glass.

Cheers.

-Ken

Hi Mr. Ken,

Yes, the glass is in the micro matrix and in the sand .... thick shoes or rubber-soled booties is a must !   This creek is also fun in the summer when you forget your bug repellent, I must have lost a quart of blood the last time I was there.

Did you ever find your nurse shark teeth ?

Cheers,

Brett

32 minutes ago, Brett Breakin' Rocks said:

Did you ever find your nurse shark teeth ?

Yup. Was quite happy with the Ginglymostoma specimens I picked up from there. I had seen some lovely ones found by @oldbones and knew just where to go to find some prizes for myself. I love a search with a mission and I was well rewarded by my tiny finds.

Cheers.

-Ken   

Gingly_pair2.jpg    Gingly_pair1.jpg

Ginglymostoma1.jpg    Ginglymostoma2.jpg

2015-10-22_3.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

• 1 month later...

I would be willing to trade some matrix from the Post Oak Creek in Sherman TX.  I'm not sure it's nearly as rich as your Rattle Snake Creek matrix.  Here is what I found from several bags of it.  I'm really new to this so I'm sure I missed a few things.

IMG_4932.JPG