Potomac - Aquia formation

RCW3D

I got my weekend chores done early today and my wife asked what the tides were like today...after a quick check, we were on our way! You have to love it when the temperature was in the high 70's at the end of October! The water is still warm enough to wade in too, I was kind of shocked to see one lady out hunting for teeth in a bikini, I guess everyone was taking advantage of the unseasonably warm temperatures why they could.

We didn't find anything super, the normal stuff for this area. I guess my favorite finds for today were the verts, too bad one was worn and broken.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Rob :D

Nice Trip and great finds !

Thanks for posting :)

Many greetings from Germany ! Have a great time with many fossils :)

Regards Sebastian

Belo.gif

I like the intact Turritella steinkern. Finding them that complete can be difficult at times.

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/