Oustanding Fossil Find

texaswoodie

HOLY HEFFALUMPS! And it has been well authenticated!

Get that person on the Forum so we can award the Golden Drool Bucket!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Thats awesome I had no idea about this. I had her as a professor and worked with her at the FLMNH when I was going to school there past year.

I agree! :D

Does any member know this man?

If so, please ask him if he would like to join the Forum. In any case, James has a standing invitation to dinner on me if he's ever in my area.

I just can't express how excited I an about his find!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Does any member know this man?

If so, please ask him if he would like to join the Forum. In any case, James has a standing invitation to dinner on me if he's ever in my area.

I just can't express how excited I an about his find!

I know Dr. Purdy and Dr. Hulbert I used to work with them at the museums collection building. Dr Hulbert has an excellent book he wrote on florida fossils.

:faint: that is awsome ya i wish i could find veredebrate anything let alone mamoth anything. That guy is so lucky

Very neat. The crazy thing is that if he had known what it was when he collected it (and assuming the location is public land), he would have been committing a criminal act even if he later contacted the state. I guess the state would prefer that we just leave stuff like this in the field and hope for the best.

Now that's a great story! I never would have imagined that those artifacts did not exist in North America. I would have been completely dumbfounded as well.

If you believe everything you read, perhaps it's time for you to stop reading...

I'm looking forward to any scientific papers which come forward because of this find. 2 of my passions in one Mammoths/Anthropology.

Now that article made me want to dive the rivers more than anything!! HURRY up and clear!!

~Mike

All your fossils are belong to us

Interesting!

Makes sense that some artist would portray a Mammoth there. Mammoths lasted till pretty recently in Florida as evidenced by this tooth from Broward County.

post-1313-1244823473_thumb.jpgpost-1313-1244823517_thumb.jpg

Be true to the reality you create.

true true and I should award that person my own fossil award the golden trilobite!

What a great find! Particularly from an amatuer like most of us here.

Most of the great archaeological finds; and even great paleontological finds have been made by amateurs.

Makes sense that some artist would portray a Mammoth there. Mammoths lasted till pretty recently in Florida as evidenced by this tooth from Broward County.

What does a mammoth tooth in Broward County have to be with mammoths only "recently" going extinct?

well, broward county was only created in 1915, which is only like, um, <insert higher math calculation here> years ago, and....

wait, wait, wait! this is not my topic - i shouldn't be here - what do i do?

hey, look, your shoe's untied!

<backing slowly and carefully out of this thread>