PRK

2 hours ago, RichW9090 said:

Admins:  I can't seem to remove the inordinate spacing.

Something was convoluted in the cut and paste from facebook.  I merged both of your posts and formatted them to fit here.  ;)

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

I agree about the problems with facebook but since so many people don't seem to mind it does bring a lot of attention to paleontology when people find our page there. I look at both sites several times most days and also keep up with family and friends on fb. I just block posts from the people who I don't want to be bothered by. Dallas Paleo Society also has two pages on fb that help keep us in contact with local happenings.

I have directed many people to the mother-site from fb who needed more information and often they didn't know about it. That is surprising since most fossil-related searches link to here.

Some of the people you don't hear from on this site anymore can be found posting on the facebook site too but not just about fossils if they are "friends" so this is still the best place for fossil-related talk without the distractions. But I do see a lot of people's fossil finds on fb without having to move around to other sub-forums and separate posts so much.