Post Oak Creek Sherman TX 12/16/16

Buffalo Bill Cody

@Jakuzi and I had a great day at Post Oak Creek today. I found several teeth and some other interesting things.  I have not layed out all my finds yet but I'm curious about this jaw bone I found. If this is modern and I need to throw it out, someone please let me know. Is it a cow or bison? Or a horse?  I found another large bone and can not tell if it's fossilized. It's heavy but I thought it might be water logged. I will post the rest of my finds later. Thanks @JarrodB

image.jpeg

Sorry I can't help with the id but even if the jaw turns out to be modern I wouldn't throw it out. Someone else may find it interesting and you could maybe use it for trade. One man's junk is another man's treasure!

• I found this Informative 1

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Post pics of the chewing surface of the teeth and it will be easier to ID. 

Looks like you had a good hunt. Definitely not horse on the jaw; most likely bison due to apparent age. May not be “fossilized” but that colorization takes some time to occur so that’s why I’m leaning toward bison vs. cow. Anxious to see what else you found :)

Thanks guys. Are these commonly found at Post Oak Creek? Here is a photo of the chewing surface of the teeth. I will try to post the rest of my finds today.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I finally had some time to lay out the rest of my finds from Post Oak Creek. I found a lot of small teeth. A few perfect and one decent size broken tooth. I found the nice vert while walking through the water on the way back to car. It's my first one. I found several bones and other interesting things. I'm adding a few photos of things I'm particularly interested to see if anyone knows what they are. Thanks for any ID. image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The eagle is very cool possibly Civil War era. I don't think the bottom piece is a tooth. You have a nice fish vert and some nice Ptychodus in the mix.