Could this be a mammoth toe bone?

cayosusa

Found these fairly close together in the Peace River.  I think #1 is mammoth toe bone (height 3 1/4").  Need help with ID.  Dn't have a clue what the other two are - ???related???  I know, i know, #2 looks like it came from a BBQ with those smooth skills cut edges!  What do you think?

IMG_7197.JPG

IMG_7198.JPG

I'm liking the look of #1 which seems appropriately shaped (and a decent size). One of the knowledgeable members will chime-in soon. The middle bone (#2) is not part of this assemblage as it is clearly a vertebra (with most of the processes broken off). Additionally, #3 looks intriguing. Better lit photos (take them outside and take advantage of daylight--much brighter than the flash on a camera) of #1 and #3 from a variety of angles will help. I think you've got a good chance for something really cool with these. I'd be going back to that spot on the Peace River this weekend if I were you.

Cheers.

-Ken

Humm, perhaps you'd better send them to me for closer scrutiny.  Can't tell you for sure but #1 does look like a digit bone of something large, #2 is looking like a cetacean vertebra and I can not make out #3. Better lit pictures may help.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

I merged your topics for continuity. ;) 

Regards,

• I found this Informative 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

See the 1st fossil requested for ID in this thread :

It is the same as your 3rd Photo -- Sloth Phalanx, a toe bone

See this thread --

I found a Mastodon Metapodial which might ??? be the same as your 1st bone. I am reasonably sure on the Sloth Phalanx, somewhat less convinced on the Metapodial. It is always difficult to identify a random bone.  This forum makes it possible to do so.

• I found this Informative 1

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"