ID - Looks like fish or frogs eggs.

IcarusZulu

Hi

I found this rock that I split open thinking it may be an Agate. Then decided to polish - my first ever polish. I notused what looks to be fish eggs or frogs eggs and was wondering if this could be a fossil?

I cant tell you where it came from other than somewhere in South Africa. I bought a collection of river rock pebbles form the hardware some years ago for outside my patio drainage. The kids have been breaking the pebbles up over the years finding Agate, Maganatie and other interesting rock formations however this looks diferent to the usual.

egg1.jpg

egg2.jpg

egg3.jpg

egg4.jpg

I agree, ... geologic in nature,... not a fossil.

Regards,

• I found this Informative 2

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

I see geologic as well, but not sure about oolites.  Oolites have concentric rings when seen in cross section.  I don't see them in these.  

• I found this Informative 1

It could be an interesting read, unfortunately I don't have it : Diagenetically formed ooids and intraclasts in South African calcretes

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Thank you, Scott! :)

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library