confirm from you guys big brook nj Enchodus and Xiphactinus

brad hinkelman

I'm assuming all are enchodus except the bottom left 2, I'm assuming sawfish if u guys could confirm....thanks!

100_5488.JPG

I think #1 and #3 from second row are sawfish as well. Just missing the root.

• I found this Informative 1

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

5 minutes ago, Darktooth said:

I think #1 and #3 from second row are sawfish as well. Just missing the root.

thank you

Notice I said "I think". But the two at the bottom left definitely are sawfish. If you look at the teeth I mentioned they have the same shape as the very bottom tooth on the left. Actually ,now that I look again so does #4. But I am not an expert. This is just an explanation of how I formed my opinion.

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

2 minutes ago, Darktooth said:

Notice I said "I think". But the to at the bottom left definitely are sawfish. If you look at the teeth I mentioned they have the same shape as the very bottom tooth on the left. Actually ,now that I look again so does #4. But I am not an expert. This is just an explanation of how I formed my opinion.

gotcha ,thinking the same,but number 4 is deceiving I believe and is chipped/worn, that's awesomes thanks for your time,had those saw fish since I started collecting not long ago and just realized now that they were sawfish haha ....thanks again

All of them are Enchodus except for the one that is on the left side on the last row. That last one is a rostral spine from Ischyrhiza mira, the Cretaceous sawfish.

“You must take your opponent into a deep dark forest where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one.” ― Mikhail Tal

2 minutes ago, josephstrizhak said:

All of them are Enchodus except for the one that is on the left side on the last row. That last one is a rostral spine from Ischyrhiza mira, the Cretaceous sawfish.

thank you

Bottom left two look like Ischyriza mira rostrum, and all of the others are Enchodus.

It took me a long time before I found my first Xiphactinus teeth. They are not very common.

I'm with your first assessment: All but the 2 on the lower left are Enchodus and the 2 on the lower left are Ischyrhiza mira rostral denticles, with the upper of the 2 a bit iffy because it's pretty beat up.

brad, i would say you are 100% correct in your assessment

---Wie Wasser schleift den Stein, wir steigen und fallen---