help with id'ing shark tooth

BrettCo124

Hey everyone. I'm really loving this forum a lot. If I read one post from anywhere on this forum, it makes me want to go out and search for fossils immediately. I definitely caught the fever and I'm loving every second of it!

I was at Big Brook in New Jersey yesterday, and I've had some trouble identifying some of my finds. I just want to get better at learning, and I know you all will be the best teachers. I've already posted a question to IDing other finds, but I forgot to add this shark tooth to that mix. I know the one skinny, long tooth is from a Goblin Shark, but I don't know what other other is. I'm sure many of you already know, but just in case, Big Brook fossils date back to the Cretaceous Period. 

Thanks so so much everyone. 

IMG_3670.JPG

IMG_3671.JPG

The other shark tooth is also a goblin. The difference is that the longer one is an anterior (front) tooth and the flatter one is a lateral (side) tooth. The scientific name for the goblin is Scapanorhynchus texanus.

“You must take your opponent into a deep dark forest where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one.” ― Mikhail Tal

9 hours ago, josephstrizhak said:

The other shark tooth is also a goblin. The difference is that the longer one is an anterior (front) tooth and the flatter one is a lateral (side) tooth. The scientific name for the goblin is Scapanorhynchus texanus.

Thanks so much for both identifying and also explaining. I'm really trying to learn how to ID, so every bit counts. Thanks again.