London Clay Site

AndyW

well around about this time of year i like to have a trip to one or two sites on the east coast of England hopeing to find some nice shark teeth from the london clay ( ypresian) here are some pics and an undetermined mammal/rodent tooth ? all from one site and a few shark teeth i cant yet id also some parts of Hoploparia gammaroides lobster

post-473-1245840721_thumb.jpg

post-473-1245840792_thumb.jpg

post-473-1245840803_thumb.jpg

post-473-1245840820_thumb.jpg

Nice finds, Andy! Glad you finally found a site in the UK that you could really sink your teeth into. Get it? Teeth? Sink your TEETH into?

Oh never mind.

Nice finds, Andy! Glad you finally found a site in the UK that you could really sink your teeth into. Get it? Teeth? Sink your TEETH into?

Oh never mind.

ha ha bob :D

No bird skulls this time?

Oh well, teeth are cool too!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

No bird skulls this time?

Oh well, teeth are cool too!

yes Auspex lots of broken bird bone but i left the skulls :D

yes Auspex lots of broken bird bone but i left the skulls :D

Good one; I deserved that. :P

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Andy.... well done...... Highcliffe I stopped off at once, and found plenty smallish teeth upto an inch in the first 100 yeards of the beach, on the left, as you go down.... maybe give it a try sometime.... get in the waves barefoot as it retreats, the teeth appear, then vannish, you have to be quick.....

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

Andy.... well done...... Highcliffe I stopped off at once, and found plenty smallish teeth upto an inch in the first 100 yeards of the beach, on the left, as you go down.... maybe give it a try sometime.... get in the waves barefoot as it retreats, the teeth appear, then vannish, you have to be quick.....

These are from the london clays of Essex

yep been there done that at highcliffe ,Barton beds found 200 plus worn teeth as the tide retreats but sometimes you get a good one and there's always some nice gastropods :D

post-473-1245953000_thumb.jpg

post-473-1245953034_thumb.jpg

post-473-1245953051_thumb.jpg

post-473-1245953070_thumb.jpg

post-473-1245953095_thumb.jpg

post-473-1245953112_thumb.jpg

post-473-1245953138_thumb.jpg

Very nice gastropods...... beautiful examples.... well done......

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

Do you find the sharksteeth and gastropodos in situ ? or on the beach or something like that?

A lot of nice specimens, those shells are in mint condition!

hi Nicholas

i started off with the fossils from the ypresian london clay(54-49 mya) and some how i have moved on to the Eocene Barton beds (53-36 mya) ,yes the shells are found in good condition and theres lot of sp to find :D

post-473-1246111328_thumb.jpg

post-473-1246111339_thumb.jpg

post-473-1246111348_thumb.jpg

Do you find the sharksteeth and gastropodos in situ ? or on the beach or something like that?

hi dutchhunter

most shark teeth are found on the beach but most are worn, the cliff is the best place to look for the best teeth and shells . The shells are very common finds

the most common shark sp is striatolamia macrota

post-473-1246112002_thumb.jpg

post-473-1246112012_thumb.jpg

post-473-1246112023_thumb.jpg