Brazos River, Texas - unknown fossils

Mike Price

42 minutes ago, Mike Price said:

I've surfed a lot of threads in this forum and have seen and learned a little. Im digging in buckets because I've been able to finally identify what bones they are. I've been collecting bones for almost 40yrs. I have a huge collection of fossils/bones and I could post pics every day for the rest of year. I'm not a Chunk-o-saurus. When I lay out buckets of bones, I match them up. That's why I usually take group photos. Anyway... Thanks again. 

I see that, Mike. Maybe we have (at least me) not enough time to purify all of the things presented/requested/questioned in any possible moment of our life, but I think, we could go back sometimes with more potential, trying to resolve the missing parts of our thoughts. :)

I have only 35 years hunting the treasures, not too much.

Maybe I have to ask, are they fish skull elements (the last ones)? They remind me of that.

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

I dont know what they are. Just more cool little bones. And theres not much hope for finding the missing parts of my thoughts. I lost my mind years ago. I did do 6yrs Navy. Ive been oilfield trash for 30yrs. I can drill a well, or cap when it blows out. I never had time to learn about bones, but love to hunt them and put them away. Now I'm retired and I can try to learn about bones. With a little help from my friends..... cheeeese 

• I found this Informative 1

"
What would you do if I sang out of tune
Would you stand up and walk out on me?
Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song
And I'll try not to sing out of key " - Joe Cocker (one of my favorite musicians)

( I had the opportunity to see him live-in-concert, in Bucharest, along Rod Stewart. He was in black, Rod was in white. He cried when he sang that song... believe me) :)

• I found this Informative 2

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

This heavy polished bone washed up on High Island, on the Bolivar Peninsula, Galveston County, Texas.

I'm not sure what it is. But it has 2 gouge marks or teeth marks in it?  

20170327_221728-1.jpg

I seen a few other pieces found on a beach like this today and the collectors thought they might be pieces of whale or fish bones.

If it's plausible, that might explain the 2 side by side V shape teeth gouges in this piece. I have another heavy polished beach piece that looks like this example....

Screenshot_2017-03-29-20-25-13-1.png

Throwing in dermal ossicles of extinct Sloth. Do an e bay search. A fellow has a small frame of them currently.

• I found this Informative 1

I was searching the forum for Camarasaurus- sauropod type foot claws.

Based on a few other examples I thought these 2 pieces I found on the Brazos river might possibly be Camarasaurus or a sauropod type foot claws. But I was wrong.

It was suggested, I post them here in fossil ID because "they don't seem to be cretaceous finds but much earlier in age."

I have other similar types, big & small, some need to be stabilized.

20170330_184628-1.jpg