Dinosaur egg article

Susan from PA

Curiously, the eggs illustrated in the article's first picture appear (at least in the photo) to be devoid of the texture I associate with dinosaur egg surfaces. The photo is labeled "Oviraptor." Eggs commonly labeled as such have a distinct randomly ribbed surface. Indeed, the eggs shown in the photo appear similar to objects that are frequently dismissed by members of this Forum as "not an egg." ?????

• I found this Informative 1

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

I have to agree with snolly, but pete makovichy wrote it and he knows his stuff.  On the other hand, was it written on the first day of April?

5 hours ago, jpc said:

I have to agree with snolly, but pete makovichy wrote it and he knows his stuff.  On the other hand, was it written on the first day of April?

Perhaps the editor used a stock photo??? Also I don't see anything in the photo that would give a clue to size. Perhaps these are fossil eggs of another sort from the collection and the photo was used in error. ???????

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See