Fusil

Found this near the Val Verde - Edwards count line up on a ridge top. The rock is about 1 foot square. I'm thinking I see snake parts. Or maybe it's just some random shapes. I thought I would ask for some other opinions.

IMG_0078.JPG

Welcome to :tff:!!!

But I'm sorry, I'm having trouble seeing any fossils in here :( I think it's just a concretion... Definitely not seeing any snake parts though.

I may be wrong, as I am no expert. But I know that Texas is full of great fossil locations!

Best regards,

Max

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

What you see as a 'snake head' is only a coincidental shape in the rock unfortunately. The impression that I have outlined looks interesting tho.

IMG_0078.thumb.JPG.1c6507ef5a56d2c2ff3ee0baec010b20.jpg.88cd531ca32308fe57bc90181b60e6e5.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

12-2023TFFsig.png.193bff42034b9285e960cff49786ba4e.png

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for posting this interesting find. There's lots to see in there but I agree with the others on the snake look-alike. That may be a gastropod you marked but I can't make that out either. I'm not sure what, if anything, the other two are but it looks like the area is mostly Cretaceous Period so you won't find any trilobites there and crinoids are pretty unlikely too. There were a few crinoids that survived the end-Permian extinction but they're few and far-between in the Messozoic Era. Keep looking :)