Scorpion Possible

Allenz

I haven't seen a mazon scorpion first hand, but I think this is more likely a trace fossil or possibly a worm.  The angles of the "tail" seem too smooth and not the right proportion compared to the "body" for a scorpion.

• I found this Informative 1

Sorry Allen, ... I have to agree. 

Scorpions from the Mazon Creek area are not usually preserved 3-dimensionally. :unsure: 

Wait, and let the experts weigh in. :) 

@RCFossils   @fossilized6s  

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Scorpions from Mazon do preserve three dimensional...ish. Kind of like shrimp or insects from Mazon they preserve the same. But they are extremely rare. 

I don't see any fossil present in your piece. Sorry. 

Rob has a few in his collection. He can shed more light on Scorpions from the Francis Creek shale. 

Edit: i also highly recommend the Mazon Creek Fauna and Flora books from ESCONI. Money well spent for a Mazon hunter like yourself. 

• I found this Informative 3

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

Yes thank you guys was looking at Fossil pages on Mazon like the shrimp suggestion though but know it would be rare either way I will try cleaning more mabey vinegar bath.Thanks you guys!

IMG_0665.thumb.JPG.78f565b3926ed4d33a8d7d2650380bed.JPG

4 hours ago, Allenz said:

God I hate these fossils if it is, well stuck in vinegar now looks totally different I

give up.IMG_0666.thumb.JPG.df9038aeac59bd40e3867c56a8a6c0d1.JPG

That is a burrow, or maybe a coprolite. I'd assume Geschwhat would know.

I am not seeing any type of fossil here. The concretion that you found is just having some of the outer shell breaking off, which is very common. The bumps that are shown are just that, and they occurred at the time that the concretion was forming.