Help, please: Fulgurite or Fossil

5904cc468519b_IMG_2615(1).JPG.e7ac6a25e23231a81ca6ce7eaab6fc80.JPGIMG_2616.JPG.e2b12bfa954f0b6fafde600bfae94f60.JPG

Hi, I found this neat little thing near the Naugatuck, Connecticut river that recently flooded and receded from spring storms. Do you think it is a fulgurite, or something more "fossily"? :popcorn: I'll be waiting for your eminent opinions!

Your pics are a little blurry. Some better shots would help. I don't believe this is a fossil. It looks geological with some form of mineralization. 

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

It looks like a chert / flint nodule not Fulgurite, to me, if you are referring to that. :)

Usually Fulgurite  has a hollow center.

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Thank you for your input. I do not have a great camera, only my phone, but after looking at photos of fulgurite, I agree, it is not a fulgurite, and sorry for the initial misspelling. It reminds me of a fossil shell, but filled with green, shiny glass-like material.  Could it be anapaite? It resembled the photos, right down to the color of the "glass". I tried to use a macro app, but it may not help anyone to identify it. 

1493506225.668301.jpeg

With the new images it looks like it was melted. I'm wondering if couldn't be slag-glass.

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Thanks, MOTM, 

Hmmm, I don't think it is slag-glass, although I see what you mean about it looking melted. The green glassy material is distinct from the tan,  scalloped covering, and there is a sharp, even boundary of white around the glassy green "filling". Here is another attempt at a clearer photo:5905367164c93_FullSizeRender(39).jpg.dacb7dd8b02f7c1d090e30739937e6dd.jpg

Green is it ? Some idiot (see photo at left) posted a hunk of green paint like gunk on here a while ago :)

Thanks, MOTM, 

Hmmm, I don't think it is slag-glass, although I see what you mean about it looking melted. The green glassy material is distinct from the tan,  scalloped covering, and there is a sharp, even boundary of white around the glassy green "filling". Here is another attempt at a clearer photo:5905367164c93_FullSizeRender(39).jpg.dacb7dd8b02f7c1d090e30739937e6dd.jpg

Okay, so...I understand you cannot tell from my photos what this object is, so I will stop expecting answers, lol. I am also aware that I spelled fulgurite incorrectly. I mentioned it in a response post. I also pointed out that I know it is not a fulgurite; I am only a rank amateur. I think I'll take it to Yale where experts can lay their hands and eyes on it. Then I will come back and "school" y'all on what it is. (Joshing)