How do you think dinosaurs cared for their babies

Hendrix Campbell

So I'm just really wondering how do dinosaurs take care of their youngsters? 

Try this link for some reading. ;) 

I would guess that theropods probably took care of their young in much the same way as modern birds do. Getting food and giving it to the hatchlings.

Protecting them from predators and maybe even some preening. 

Regards, :trex:

• I found this Informative 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Dude, Thanks I guess that is how I think dinosaurs, well theropods take care of their young.

I think the thousands of species of dinosaurs ran the full gamut of parental behavior. 

Some would lay and abandon the eggs while others would hang around until the hatching and others would rear the young.

There may even have been the type that use other critters nests to lay thier eggs.

• I found this Informative 1

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

1 hour ago, ynot said:

I think the thousands of species of dinosaurs ran the full gamut of parental behavior. 

Some would lay and abandon the eggs while others would hang around until the hatching and others would rear the young.

There may even have been the type that use other critters nests to lay thier eggs.

Agree. Every strategy.  Even among related vertebrate species today there are a variety of strategies.

We tend to 'want' dinos to possess certain behaviours.  Be good mothers. Be social animals. For the predators to be 'smart' or fast. Our human prejudices enter into studies that take limited evidence and try and explain dinos as living creatures. We humans give the female that takes care of her young an extra gold star whereas Nature is completely neutral on the issue.

• I found this Informative 2