Ammonites from Morocco

Max-fossils

• 2 months later...

@Tidgy's Dad sorry, I am only seeing your message now... :doh!:

You're right, Hypophylloceras seems to be a Cretaceous genus only! Ugh...

I guess I'll keep them as indet.  ...

Thanks for the help!

Max

• I found this Informative 1

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

I'm not an expert in ammonites, so I'm wondering why I can't see the deep 5-6 constrictions / whorl, characteristic for H. mediterraneum ? :headscratch:

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

17 hours ago, abyssunder said:

I'm not an expert in ammonites, so I'm wondering why I can't see the deep 5-6 constrictions / whorl, characteristic for H. mediterraneum ? :headscratch:

I'm afraid I'm not gonna be able to answer that question... I know even less than you with ammonites! :(

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

18 hours ago, abyssunder said:

I think because they are so small in diameter. The first constriction appears later at a greater diameter. I know this feature from constrictions on triassic ammonoids.