Deep Springs 6/11/17

Darktooth

After a long day of barbequeing, having drinks, and spending time with friends, I somehow managed to get up at 5am. I headed out to Deep Springs with a beautiful sunrise. Unfortunately today was uneventful. I wasn't finding much. It got hot pretty quick, once the sun got up. But I really enjoy the quiet, peaceful mornings. So I still had a good time. I found a turtle while I was there. It really seemed so out of place in the middle of this quarry. But Devin found some sun-bleached turtle remains while there on a previous trip. Whatever the reason, they frequent this place. I didn't have a lot of time so around 8:15 I decided to leave and head over to Briggs Road quarry to see if I could find some trilo material from the debris pile. I did find some parts and pieces, but didn't bring much home. I am getting picky. I almost forgot, the main reason I am even posting about this uneventful trip. At Deep Springs I found some tools. I had a hard time deciding if I should leave them there or not. If I left them there they could of very easily been buried in debris. They were pretty camouflaged by being covered in mud and some what rusty. And there is nothing saying that somebody else wouldnt of taken them other than the true owner. So in an effort to get them back to whoever they belong to I have them. So if there is anybody who recently left tools at Deep Springs, if you can descibe the tools I will gladly make arrangements to get them back to you. Here are a couple pics.  1&2 The Turtle, 3 the site I am working.

20170611_075735.jpg

20170611_075743.jpg

20170611_081417.jpg

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

A modern day turtle is not yet a fossil! Let's see some fossils! I'm waiting to see a monster Dipleura. :popcorn:

Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

It's only a matter of time.............

@Darktooth - Love what you'd done with the place. :D That exposed edge beneath the blue bucket looks full of promise. Did you crack into it, or was this a "for later" project before heading off to Briggs? And neat turtle... Might be some wetlands nearby?

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

@Kane The exposed area has been worked by many different people. Forum member Snakebite, myself and Njfossilhunter, and who knows how many others. But this is the same area that I have gotten all my Dipleura remains on my past few trips. The area is actually right at the entrance to the quarry which makes it pretty convenient. There is a pond across from the quarry that I suppose the turtle might of came from, though when I found him he was half way up the quarry facing up and quite a ways from the pond. I just found it odd.